1,000 cranes

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
250/1,000

well, yea, sorry haven't posted in a while, i take back the whole doing WC3 project things, lol... i just plan on chatting around here and what not...
but anyway to what this thread is about

i found a pretty little lady to call my own, and she moved to IL till december. but i wanted to do something special

so theres this japanese legend (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_origami_cranes) that says when somone folds a thousand origami cranes they're wish will come true, so my plan is to make 1,000 cranes package them and send them to her in a romantic way.

but anyway, thoughts and suggesttion i'm gonna add a counter on here, can't put one in my sig, (lol, some things never change)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
By the time you make them all you will be very skilled in the art of crane making. :D

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Good luck! I know that story, its pretty sad. One I heard was that this girl got leukemia and started folding all the cranes, but died before she could finish.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I only made about 200+ before I stopped. But you actually have a reason for it. I had no reason for it. So may you finish in time. Wish I could help. But can't. I try doing 10 at a time. Do one step with all of them. Then keep going like that. I don't know if it works for you but it did with me.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
I only made about 200+ before I stopped. But you actually have a reason for it. I had no reason for it. So may you finish in time. Wish I could help. But can't. I try doing 10 at a time. Do one step with all of them. Then keep going like that. I don't know if it works for you but it did with me.

i'll try that, yea, i made like 12 today in an hour and a halfish.. lol, and that drove me crazy, my goals to do like 10 a day, maybe a little more depending on the day, but at least 10.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I actually find it helpful when I don't think about it. I watch tv or something while I do it. I can actually fold them without looking. After making like 26 of them. Maybe less but I started at 26 because it's my lucky number. The reason why I never got much farther then 200 is because I started to make turtles. They are a little harder but they look a little cooler. Only they don't have any real meaning to them.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
I actually find it helpful when I don't think about it. I watch tv or something while I do it. I can actually fold them without looking. After making like 26 of them. Maybe less but I started at 26 because it's my lucky number. The reason why I never got much farther then 200 is because I started to make turtles. They are a little harder but they look a little cooler. Only they don't have any real meaning to them.

lol, yea, i jsut need to zone out, i'm usualy good at that, i'll get it down eventually, thanks for the advice

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
I also heard that in Japan it is custom for a bride to be to fold 1000 cranes before the wedding so that the marriage will be a good one.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprise if that was true. 1,000 cranes also means good health. And a good health is a healthy relationship.

(No. That's not what I mean. Perverts in the forums. I mean neither one will die early. And I believe that marrage should stay forever and you should not get a divorice because you already promised that you will stay together forever. I would not want to break a promise I made so honestly.

stubs101

Reaction score
w/e said:
Thank god I'm not a bride in Japan

Lol, thank god none of us are. Unless you are, start folding because marriage is inevitable if you try.

Good Luck man, try like 20 in the morning and 20 at night. That way you'll only have to do that 25 days...;)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Lol, thank god none of us are. Unless you are, start folding because marriage is inevitable if you try.

Good Luck man, try like 20 in the morning and 20 at night. That way you'll only have to do that 25 days...;)

In my opinion, the hard part is finding square paper.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I don't think that the paper is expansive and if you know a good asian shop. You can get a pack of 250 easily. But I'm cheap so I just cut normal computer paper into 2x2 sq. inches. I practice enough that I won't get a paper cut from using computer paper.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Just wondering...what do you expect her to do with them?

lmao, well... your asking the wrong person...

perhaps she can pose nude with thema nd take porvocative pictures :)

lol, i seriously have no idea but i thought about that also

You're going to be extremely pissed when you break up.

lol, while in a relationship i find it best to NOT tihnk about breaking up...

Akatsuki

Reaction score
Mainly what I would do is if possible get some type of clear jar and hand it to her. It's much nicer then giving her a bag of it.

Tonks

Reaction score
I'd take them all, and start randomly placing them around her house with "I love you" written on them when she isn't home.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.