A way to detect Pulverize?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Is there any way to detect if a unit does an ability based off of Pulverize?

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Doubt it. I've never played around with this ability much but since it's passive (and don't create buffs), I don't think it can be detected - similarly to Critical Strike and Evasion. You can trigger the whole thing though. Seems quite easily triggered.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Can you show me how to trigger it then? It's just pretty much a Hero version of Pulverize. Thanks a lot.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of Pulverize for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
        (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (10 x (Level of Pulverize for (Attacking unit)))
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Attacking unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Attacking unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Something like that? Not sure. Untested.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
feels like Im mentioning this way too often :( but...

Unit is attacked event is easily bugable trough spamming attack+stop, since it registers the attack order not when the attack actually lands.

Think you could make it non-MUI by basing it off slow poison.
Code:
E - unit learns skill
C - learned hero skill = custom slow poision 
A - set Pulverizer = triggering unit

Code:
E - Every 0.01 sec
C
A -
Set group 1 = units in map w buff [custom slow poison buff]
pick all in group 1 and
remove specific buff [custom slow poison buff] from picked unit
ifthenelse
if random integer between 1 and 5 equal to 1
then
set point = position of picked unit
create SFX at point
destroy SFX
set group 2 = units within 300 of picked unit matching is an enemy of Pulverizer and whatever other conditions
pick all in group 2 and
cause Pulverizer to damage picked unit dealing w/e damage
 - destroy all variables -
else
destroy group 1

nabbig2

Reaction score
Thanks frozen yogurt (And vypur too ofcourse) but I have no clue how to do MUI. I just know regular triggers.

So I guess if I did it the trigger way, and somebody spammed attack and stop, it would deal the AOE damage without the unit attacking?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Help with ability trigger

I'm trying to make a pulverize ability, but I want it to be detected.

It's not working, however....thanks if you can help.

Code:
Pulverize
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Slow Poison 2
    Actions
        Set Pulverizing_Unit = (Triggering unit)

Code:
Pulverize Part 2
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Pulverize_Group and do (Unit - Remove Slow Poison (PULVERIZE) (Non-stacking) buff from (Picked unit))
        Set Pulverize_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Triggering unit) has buff Slow Poison (PULVERIZE) (Non-stacking)) Equal to True))
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 77
            Then - Actions
                Set Pulverize_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set Pulverize_Group_2 = (Units within 333.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Pulverize_Group_2 and do (Unit - Cause Pulverizing_Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Pulverize_Group)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Pulverize_Point)
            Else - Actions
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_Pulverize_Group_2)

THE_X

Reaction score
1st of all

Code:
Set Pulverize_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (([B](Triggering unit)[/B] has buff Slow Poison (PULVERIZE) (Non-stacking)) Equal to True))
There is no Triggering unit

2nd of all

Code:
Set Pulverize_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set Pulverize_Group_2 = (Units within 333.00 of (Position of (Picked unit)))

i see no unit groups befour this to imply that there is a picked unit

EDIT: HOLY %!@# when i was posting this there was no comments at all

nabbig2

Reaction score
What would I change Triggering Unit to?

Also, How should I change the second part you mentioned? Thanks.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Unit is attacked event is easily bugable trough spamming attack+stop

I think it's not that easily abusable since the ability is based off chance. But here's another MUI code which involves damage taken event. (I still prefer a unit is attacked event though :p)

Code:
Attack
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        (Level of Pulverize for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) is in UnitGroup_Store) Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to UnitGroup_Store
                Trigger - Add to Take Damage <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage)
            Else - Actions

Code:
Take Damage
    Events
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to True
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Unit - Remove Acid Bomb buff from (Triggering unit)
            If - Conditions
                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (10 x (Level of Pulverize for (Damage source)))
            Then - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Damage source))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Damage source) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
            Else - Actions
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Base the ability off something which gives off buff on attack. Something like Poison Sting or Slow Poison or whatever you could think off. The trigger above may have some weaknesses that I'm not aware of. Try play around with it and adjust it yourself (I'm not sure if Pulverise detect units around the attacking unit or the attacked unit). Else, you could just use the periodic trigger method.

Causes damage to Picked Unit...

Not Triggering Unit...
Careless mistake :p.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
why make a trigger for a pulverize skill...?
just make it in editor and add special effects to the targets..

nabbig2

Reaction score
Okay it's been 24 hours so, bump...can anyone help and tell me why this isn't working?

Code:
Pulverize detect
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Pulverize_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Attacked unit) has buff Slow Poison (PULVERIZE) (Non-stacking)) Equal to True))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Pulverize_Group and do (Unit - Remove Slow Poison (PULVERIZE) (Non-stacking) buff from (Picked unit))
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Set Pulverize_Point = (Position of Pulverizing_Unit)
                Set Pulverize_Group_2 = (Units within 333.00 of (Position of (Attacking unit)))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in Pulverize_Group_2 and do (Unit - Cause Pulverizing_Unit to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal)
            Else - Actions

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
Okay it's been 24 hours so, bump...can anyone help and tell me why this isn't working?

Code:
Pulverize detect
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Pulverize_Group = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Attacked unit) has buff Slow Poison (PULVERIZE) (Non-stacking)) Equal to True))
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Set Pulverize_Point = (Position of Pulverizing_Unit)
                Set Pulverize_Group_2 = (Units within 333.00 of (Position of (Attacking unit)))
            Else - Actions

your target gets slow poison buff?
make a new trigger called learn or something and turn of this one (remove learn event)

it should look like this:
Code:
E) unit learns a skill
C) learned skill equal to blablabla
A) trigger - turn on Pulverize detect

btw you should remove your slow poison buff if (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 77 equal true, or else it can be runned again

Edit: i haven't tested this, may be wrong

nabbig2

Reaction score
Well the person who said the trigger said to do it this way, because otherwise I think it can be bugged by spamming Attack and Stop.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.