Abilities - Introduction

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
You should say that the orderId for orderon doesn't matter. (Exceptions : Channel, Charge Gold and Lumber)
Can you give some example how I would use the OrderID when for both abilities they are same ? It sounds logical if orderIDs for on, off, activate and deactivate aren' t same they dosn' t get messed up.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Can you give some example how I would use the OrderID when for both abilities they are same ? It sounds logical if orderIDs for on, off, activate and deactivate aren' t same they dosn' t get messed up.

You can change to a same orderId two differant abilities, it won't mess up.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
If I change OrderID for example Chain Lightning and then base off of that ability one more and keep original OrderID and add them both to a hero they don' t ge messed up ? Sry too lazy to test it in World Editor, you could say yes or no then I get it :D

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
If I change OrderID for example Chain Lightning and then base off of that ability one more and keep original OrderID and add them both to a hero they don' t ge messed up ? Sry too lazy to test it in World Editor, you could say yes or no then I get it :D

Example 1 :
- Chain Lightning | Original OrderId = chainlightning | New OrderId = sleep
- Sleep | Original OrderId = sleep | New OrderId = chainlightning

Guess. :p The abilities are ok.

Example 2 :
- Chain Lightning 1 | Original OrderId = chainlightning | New OrderId = sleep
- Chain Lightning 2 | Original OrderId = chainlightning | New OrderId = chainlightning

You can guess. But the original orderId bypasses the new orderId. So, 2 chain lightnings with the same orderId but not the same orderId can not stack (messes up)

Example 3 :
- Channel | Original OrderId = channel | New OrderId = sleep
- Chain Lightning | Original OrderId = chainlightning | New OrderId = chainlightning

These are ok.

Example 4 :
- Channel | Original OrderId = channel | New OrderId = chainlightning
- Chain Lightning | Original OrderId = chainlightning | New OrderId = sleep

This can not stack because Channel's new OrderId (defined especially for Channel and Charge Gold and Lumber) is equal to Chain Lightning's Original OrderId.

Example 5 :
- Charge Gold and Lumber | Original OrderId = ??? | New OrderId = sleep
- Chain Lightning | Original OrderId = chainlightning | New OrderId = chainlightning

This is ok, whereas...

Example 6 :

- Charge Gold and Lumber | Original OrderId = ??? | New OrderId = chainlightning

..can not stack.

W

wahoyaho

man this is so helpful, thanks :) if you feel up to it, there are other editors :p e.g. item/unit keke

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Remove the [GOTO=]... thingys. There is no such option on these forums I think :p (Well, I see them... maybe it's just me)

Or do they work on the WET site?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
No, if you base two abilities on the same ability and give them different order ID's, they still don't work together like they should.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thanks for moving, I will remove them then (They worked before). Thousand thanks really, it was nice suprise to discover it from tutorial forum.

EDIT: Just removed [Anchor] tags from it and removed them also from Human abilities thread. Thanks still all !

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
:D Edited tutorial and removed all not working tags from it. That was needed to display tutorial on World Editor Tutorial Site correctly. Added to top of tutorial one little but crucial bit of new info about editing abilities.
Because Warcraft is getting old but Blizzard is working on StarCraft II currently it seems we will not see Warcraft IV soon. It means with our knowledge about World Editor I (and we) could coverage whole Ability Editor aspect from field explanation (Done :p ) to each race default abilities with explanations what each field does. And then we have these special item abilities... over ~ 300 almost but when once done we would never have to worry about them again. Though they mostly are self explanatory but for new mappers (Are there any ?! ) it could give good overview about each ability what they are interested. It ultimately would cover all aspects of Ability Editor once and for all.
I really consider idea to comment all abilities like I did for Human abilities. It could take time.
Does anybody have opinions on that ?

Off-topic: Yey, five star bump :D, thanks.

Bladelock

Reaction score
Umm in confused..

how do you make a new spell????

i currently use the reign of chaos map editor....

sorry about the noob question. im really new to map editing and i just wish to know. :D

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Umm in confused..

how do you make a new spell????

i currently use the reign of chaos map editor....

sorry about the noob question. im really new to map editing and i just wish to know. :D

Copy and paste an existing spell?

I don't remember all the limitations of the RoC editor, but I believe making a new spell is one of the things you can't do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.