Any complex spell requests?

Reaction score
Hey, decided that I can help people out with spells they can't figure out. But only if there complex and fun to make. Make it original, don't take someone else's spell and tell me to make it. I won't... Also, don't tell me to make a very simple spell. Make it a complex spell. Simple spell: Jump and deal damage upon landing. Complex: The caster creates a giant stick and pole vaults into the sky, jumping over cliffs and buildings. Something like that is complex.

Template for Spell Requests:
Name:
Preferred type of code: Meaning GUI/Jass/vJass
(This is subject to change. Also, if you don't know what any of these are, then just put down GUI. Another note, if you put GUI, for the sake of MUI, I might use pseudo locals. Don't worry if you don't know what that means. I'll explain it if I do it.)
Description of the spell: This should be in depth.
Point of the spell: Basic Idea of the spell. Step by step. Example, if you want the spell to throw the unit in the air, then this is where you say it. Just a skeleton guide of the spell.
Amount of Levels: Doesn't have to be exact. Just specify if it's multi level or single level.
Changing factors in the level: (Want to deal more damage per level? Fine, Jump higher? Fine. Just put it down here.)
Additional Info: Not necessary, but if you want to say something say it!

manofsteel

Reaction score
This is a thing that I can't do on my own. I would do it on my own if I could. Anyway here's my request.

Name: Nothing Special in mind.

Preferred type of code: Jass, MUI

Description of the spell: All attack made with attack ground throws ground units away from the attack ground center through the air.

Point of the spell: All attacks this unit does with attack ground throws all ground units into the air away from the center of the attack ground point.

Amount of Levels: 1

Changing factors in the level: None.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
yoo, I asked manofsteel for this, but if you got time you might want to try doing this spell;

Prefered type of code: GUI
Make it MPI if possible :p

Quote:
Soulless Axe of Destitution 'T'
Ludas slams his ax into the ground with tremendous force causing the force of the Lich King himself to pulse out from his spot dealing damage to everyone nearby. When an enemy is killed by Soulless Axe of Destitution its soul is sucked into the ax, permanently increasing Ludas' damage.

Level 1
Deals 110% of his bonus damage to a 425 Area
Creeps add .1 to his damage
Heroes add 1 to his damage
Level 2
Deals 120% of his bonus damage to a 425 Area
Creeps add .2 to his damage
Heroes add 2 to his damage
Level 3
Deals 130% of his bonus damage to a 425 Area
Creeps add .3 to his damage
Heroes add 3 to his damage

CD 90/75/60 Seconds
Mana 125/150/175
Note: ''Deals 130% of his bonus damage, this means the green number of his damage, the damage he got as a plus''

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Current Project: manofsteel's request- Sure, I'll try, but don't use Attack Ground too much in triggers. I'll see what I can do.

@Leazy: From your description I understand part of it, but I don't understand the part about dealing bonus damage. If the bonus damage = 0 then it will do 0 damage, and bonus damage will never accumulate... So?...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pole Vault:
vJass
MUI
The caster creates a giant stick and pole vaults into the sky, jumping over cliffs and buildings.
:p

Tbh.. That isn't much more complex than the "simple" example. Except for the stick, which can be a simple attachment.

Reaction score
@ Romek : :D No it's not. Unless you make the stick bend like a pole vault and make the flight path similar to a pole vaulter :p

@manofsteel: Figured out a method to do it. Tested, and the method works. Detects the attack ground just fine. Need to do the last part now :D

manofsteel

Reaction score
@manofsteel: Figured out a method to do it. Tested, and the method works. Detects the attack ground just fine. Need to do the last part now :D

Thanks alot, I've been trying for a week to detect the attack ground(in a good way, also I'm still a Jass n00b).

C

ChuckSlayer

Name: Fires of the Legion
Preferred type of code: MUI
Description of the spell: This spell is going to be for my Elementalist hero, he uses fire and ice and such to deal damage and augment his allies or hinder his opponents. What I'm looking for is basically a pseudo-aoe, it will affect an area but not of a radius around the hero. Basically it will look like this: The hero uses the ability, and a 250 aoe flamestrike type effect is created at points around the hero. From here the flamestrikes cause a flamestrike adjacent to themselves but at a constrained random angle so that they don't go back towards the hero that casted it. (Don't worry about damage amounts). I am attaching pictures for use as a reference.
Point of the spell: I want the special effect for this ability to be that any enemy unit hit by this spell will then release 2 (always 2 regardless of level for the ability) streams of 5 flamestrikes at 2 points opposite each other around the hero (if one moves toward angle 0 degrees the other goes in the direction of 180 degrees but they won't always be at 0 and 180, they could be 45 and 225 but make sure they're divisible by 45 for simplicity). I would prefer the spell to not be channeled.
Amount of Levels: 3
Changing factors in the level: 2 streams (opposite each other) created on casting hero, 4 streams (in shape of square) created on casting hero, 6 streams (in shape of regular hexagon) created.
Additional Info: If you have any questions please ask, and this is in no hurry, I haven't begun much work on the hero yet, but I've had this ability in my head and I'm not sure I could get it to work well if at all. I have also attached an example of 2 possibles paths the flamestrikes could take if the ability were cast at lvl 1 to help convey the idea I have.

Thank you in advance, +rep, and such.

Attachments

• FiresLvl1.jpg
    FiresLvl1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 416
  • FiresLvl2.jpg
    FiresLvl2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 408
  • FiresLvl3.jpg
    FiresLvl3.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 402
  • FiresLvl1Example.jpg
    FiresLvl1Example.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 395

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@ Romek : :D No it's not. Unless you make the stick bend like a pole vault and make the flight path similar to a pole vaulter :p

Can you make the pole vault spell? :p (I'd like to see how you make the pole)

Reaction score
@ Romek : >.> Umm.... Mayyybbee... On my down time I'll do it :p (PEOPLE KEEP SENDING REQUESTS o_O)

@manofsteel: Project is finished. Posting code and Map in a sec.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Ok, here's an original one, I'd like you to make a boomerang spell. It will fly out curve hitting all enemies along the way then come back to hit them again.

Reaction score
@ Renendaru: I don't understand that at all o_O. It's suppose to fly out and hit enemies, but how does it know what enemies to hit? How am I suppose to make flight path without knowing how it targets? Other than that I get the rest of the spell.

@ ChuckSlayer: I'll take a look at it and see what I can do :D Also, when you don't mention the type of code it could be in any type, including vJass, meaning you will need JassNewGenPack to use it. If you don't want it to be in vJass then tell me.

@ manofsteel:
Project Complete:
Name: AG Add on
Coded In: Jass
MUI: Yes
Description of the spell: All attack made with attack ground throws ground units away from the attack ground center through the air.

Point of the spell: All attacks this unit does with attack ground throws all ground units into the air away from the center of the attack ground point.

Notes: It isn't a learn-able ability, or, at least I didn't make it a learn-able ability. It just happens whenever the order "attack-ground" occurs. It's possible to make it into an ability but I didn't.

How It Works: Whenever a unit is issued the order "attackground" a trigger will fire and create a "target" at the location. The target is targeted as a debris, but was based on a tree. It does not have a shadow, does not take up space, cannot be seen, but can be damaged by Attack ground. Hopefully, it is not targeted when a villager is looking for trees to mine from, but I dunno, haven't tested it. That's why I made it debris instead of tree. Anyway, it should be able to avoid all detection except for attack ground. Next, when it dies from the Attack Ground, it will launch any unit within a 250 range up into the air.

Changing factors in the level: None, unless you want me to make some =D

Limitations: Only one. There is a maximum of 100 units in the air at all times. Meaning, if you have 101 units in a range of 250. And you attack ground in the middle of that, one unit will be remain grounded. So, basically, only 100 units can be flying in the air, is all.

Another quick thing. If the tree is not hit in 20 seconds, it will be removed.

Anyway, onto the code.

Variables:
unit array AGMUI size 100
real array AGX size 100
real array AGY size 100

Custom Widgets: Target (Under Trees)

Triggers: 3

Important Note **: Fixed some code in Trigger 2: But it's not fixed in map, so just copy and paste the code from this trigger.

Trigger 1: CatchAG (Catch Attack Ground)
JASS:
function Trig_Test_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    return( GetIssuedOrderId() == OrderId("attackground"))
endfunction

function Trig_Test_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local location loc = GetOrderPointLoc()
    local widget u
    set u = CreateDestructable( 'B000', GetLocationX(loc),GetLocationY(loc), 0, 0.01, 0 )
    call TriggerRegisterDeathEvent(gg_trg_InitAG,u)
    call RemoveLocation(loc)
    set u = null
    set loc = null
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_CatchAG takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_CatchAG = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_CatchAG, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_POINT_ORDER )
    call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_CatchAG, Condition( function Trig_Test_Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_CatchAG, function Trig_Test_Actions )
endfunction

Trigger2: InitAG
JASS:
function GroundFilter takes nothing returns boolean
    return IsUnitType(GetFilterUnit(), UNIT_TYPE_GROUND) == true
endfunction

function Trig_NewTest_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local real Wx = GetWidgetX(GetTriggerWidget())
    local real Wy = GetWidgetY(GetTriggerWidget())
    local destructable u
    local unit u2
    local integer count
    local group g = CreateGroup()
    set u = CreateDestructable( 'B000', Wx,Wy, 0, 0.01, 0 )
    call TriggerRegisterDeathEvent(gg_trg_InitAG,u)
    call GroupEnumUnitsInRange(g,Wx,Wy,250,Condition(function GroundFilter))
    loop
    set u2 = FirstOfGroup(g)
    exitwhen u2 == null
        set count = 0
        call GroupRemoveUnit(g,u2)
        loop
        exitwhen udg_AGMUI[count] == null or count == 101
            set count = count+1
        endloop
        if count != 101 then
            call UnitAddAbility(u2,'Amrf')
            call PauseUnit(u2,true)
            set udg_AGMUI[count] = u2
            set udg_AGX[count] = Wx
            set udg_AGY[count] = Wy
        else
            call BJDebugMsg("ERROR: More than 100 unit's in the air!")
        endif
    endloop
    call DestroyGroup(g)
    set g = null
    call TriggerSleepAction(20.00)
    call DisableTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
    call RemoveDestructable(u)
    call EnableTrigger(GetTriggeringTrigger())
    set u = null
endfunction

function InitTrig_InitAG takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_InitAG = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_InitAG, function Trig_NewTest_Actions )
endfunction

Trigger 3: AGJump

JASS:
function Trig_AGJump_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local integer count = 0
    local real X1
    local real Y1
    local real deg
    local real dist
    local real Z
    loop
    exitwhen count == 100
        if udg_AGMUI[count] !=null then
            set X1 = GetUnitX(udg_AGMUI[count])
            set Y1 = GetUnitY(udg_AGMUI[count])
            set deg = Atan2(Y1 - udg_AGY[count], X1 - udg_AGX[count])
            set dist = SquareRoot(Pow(X1-udg_AGX[count],2)+Pow(Y1-udg_AGY[count],2)) + 10
            call SetUnitX(udg_AGMUI[count], udg_AGX[count] + dist*Cos(deg))
            call SetUnitY(udg_AGMUI[count], udg_AGY[count] + dist*Sin(deg))
            set dist = dist * 0.10
            set Z = (-1*Pow(dist,2)+35*dist-100)
            set dist = dist /.03
            call SetUnitFlyHeight(udg_AGMUI[count],Z,0)
            if dist > 30 and Z < 1 then
                call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_AGMUI[count],'Amrf')
                call PauseUnit(udg_AGMUI[count],false)
                set udg_AGMUI[count] = null
            endif
        endif
        set count = count+1
    endloop
endfunction

function InitTrig_AGJump takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_AGJump = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterTimerEvent( gg_trg_AGJump, 0.03,true )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_AGJump, function Trig_AGJump_Actions )
endfunction

Attachments

• Attackground.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 377

Renendaru

Reaction score
It can be a unit with locust on it with very little range and a one second cooldown or so as to not to dmg a unit twice on one round.

Reaction score
No -.-''' I mean, where is the target of the spell suppose to be. How do I know where the boomerang is suppose to go. Should I make it so that it launches 45 degrees opposite the target angle then curves in so that it hits the target point, returns then goes around again?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Hmm... Maybe based on strength? Stronger you are the farther it goes.. Or you can do it as a random way..

Edit: I suppose to target can either be ground or it can be a unit.

Reaction score
Current Project: ChuckSlayers.
Pending Project: Renendaru's.
Benched Projects: Leazy's (Respond >.>)

@ChuckSlayer: Can I get more info? I mean, it's hard to not make it channeled because it might hit the Hero if he walks into the flames. Also, what do you mean by it creates two streams when it hits an enemy? From my understanding of it, this is what is suppose to happen. When cast, it shoots out 2 flame strikes, both opposite to each other based on the Casters position. After 2 seconds, create another 2 flame strike at a 45 degree angle from the last two created. So on, until it hits 5 flame strikes. If an enemy unit is hit by any of those flame strikes, create another 2 flame strike streams. And so on and so on. Until, all the flame strike streams die out?

Expelliarmus

Where to change the sig?
Reaction score
Template for Spell Requests:
Name:
Preferred type of code: Meaning GUI/Jass/vJass
(This is subject to change. Also, if you don't know what any of these are, then just put down GUI. Another note, if you put GUI, for the sake of MUI, I might use pseudo locals. Don't worry if you don't know what that means. I'll explain it if I do it.)
Description of the spell: This should be in depth.
Point of the spell: Basic Idea of the spell. Step by step. Example, if you want the spell to throw the unit in the air, then this is where you say it. Just a skeleton guide of the spell.
Amount of Levels: Doesn't have to be exact. Just specify if it's multi level or single level.
Changing factors in the level: (Want to deal more damage per level? Fine, Jump higher? Fine. Just put it down here.)
Additional Info: Not necessary, but if you want to say something say it!

I've tried to attempt this spell, but I dunno how to start.

Hornet's Crest
vJass, MUI
Spreads a Hornet's Crest (a buff) on the point of contact.
When a second Crest gets spread onto the same sector as the previous (can be casted by any unit with this spell), the target gains a damage over time which lasts until the target's death. Each Crest lasts 10 seconds. The act of spreading a Crest replaces the most recent Crest if they are not in the same sector. Inflicted units have their angle above their head (as a floating text,don't worry about how it looks, I can edit it).

Single Target, Allied, Enemy, Organic, Ground

Level 1 360/8 Sectors
Level 2 360/7 Sectors
Level 3 360/6 Sectors
Level 4 360/5 Sectors

I have attached an Image which illustrates Level 4 360/5 Sector.

I hope you have enough info... ^_^

Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't 100 % understand what your asking... Basically, from what is shown, I understand that when it is hit, it gains a crest. When another unit hits it, it gains ANOTHER crest. If that crest comes from the same sector (What...?) Then it will deal damage over time. Lasts 10 seconds. A crest is replaced if it's not from the same sector. The angle from the caster to the unit is displayed over the units head. Also, by point of contact, do you mean basically an aura at melee range?

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Could u possibly make a spell for me? I know u busy but wen u hav the chance. Its called 'darkness'. The effect is that it shrouds an area of 600 in darkness (so like a black cloud or something over the area). All Units in the area except the casting unit if it is in the area, can't move or attack but can cast spells. If a lightness spell is cast then it dispells the darkness spell. The darkness spell lasts 20secs. Pls just try to get something close to it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.