Auto Cast ability

XDogg

Reaction score
Is there a way to cast a spell on the unit when created?

For example.

A spell creates an unit, then that unit automatically casts firestorm over itself, damaging units in the radius..

I just need to know the spell portion, I have the spell that creates the unit. The item has an expiration timer on it.

Is there a trigger to cast a spell on a unit? or atleast an auto cast? Still not sure what "default active ability" does in most cases.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Use either a dummy unit, or simply add the spell to that created unit, and order it to cast it ;)

(Note: For this to work easily, I'd suggest you trigger the whole spell ;))

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
u should trigger it

--Event--

a unit casts a ability

--condition--

ability beeing cast equal too ****

action
Create [mydummy] to postion of [point being cast]
Add [unit ability] to last created unit
Issue order last created unit to [last created unit]
wait
remove

u should make mydummy model none.mdl remove shadows make it invulnerble or add locust

XDogg

Reaction score
Use either a dummy unit, or simply add the spell to that created unit, and order it to cast it ;)

(Note: For this to work easily, I'd suggest you trigger the whole spell ;))

what trigger do i use for Order unit to cast ability... seems only preset abilities I need to enter a custom one.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
You'll need to figure out which Order String your ability has, and that can be done by knowing what ability you based it on ;)

So, which one did you base it on ? :eek:

XDogg

Reaction score
You'll need to figure out which Order String your ability has, and that can be done by knowing what ability you based it on ;)

So, which one did you base it on ? :eek:

Heres what im doing.

Trigger:
  • Bomb Level 6
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bomb 1-8
          • (Level of Bomb 1-8 for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Blast Bomb 6 - Fire Bomb for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Last created unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl

Now the next trigger is a death trigger killing the unit... so when unit dies it damages area..

But I want it to cast the spell in this trigger before it dies in the next.

the ability im using is "Flame Strike (Neutral Hostile)"

I want it to cast the spell right after the bomb is created.

P.S. X Terror X I already have an actual unit as listed above.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, first change the event to "Event - A unit Starts the effect of an ability" ;)

Then, you can remove the "And" condition there, as it automatically is "And" in that "Conditions" field ;)

Your trigger also leaks both a point, and also an effect...

Read up on leaks here:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219

Now, let's get to your problem ;)
I believe you should use this action ;)

Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike (Position of (Last created unit))

XDogg

Reaction score
ok fixing leaks... but also , What if i want a delay before it casts the spell.. I went with Rain of Fire instead, but say I want a delay before it casts it.. (You know so it dont hurt myself)

Komaqtion

Reaction score
MUI mean Multi-Unit-Inatanceable, meaning that it works/needs to work for several units at any given time...

XDogg

Reaction score
you can place more then one at a time, but it only needs to happen to each in turn.

XDogg

Reaction score
This seems to work

Trigger:
  • Bomb Level 6
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bomb 1-8
      • (Level of Bomb 1-8 for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 6
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Blast Bomb 6 - Fire Bomb for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set FireBomb = (Last created unit)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of FireBomb using Abilities\Spells\Orc\CommandAura\CommandAura.mdl
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order FireBomb to Special Doom Guard - Rain Of Fire (Position of FireBomb)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to FireBomb
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of FireBomb using Abilities\Spells\Orc\AncestralSpirit\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, it's always good to have it MUI, as it'll still bug if it's cast another time within 1 second...
So, I'd still suggest you make it MUI, or maybe at least MPI (Multi-Player-Instanceable ;))

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
If you want it to have a delay before the firestorm takes place...can't you give the ability a cast time? That would make it MUI as well :S...unless I'm missing something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.