World Belgian town blasts out music to drive out gipsies

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The Roma had arrived on Sunday in Landen, some 50 km (30 miles) east of the Belgian capital of Brussels. They agreed with a landowner to park 14 caravans there until Tuesday, according to Gino Debroux, the Landen mayor.

"Since then, they've said they won't leave and they're there with 30 caravans," Mr Debroux told Reuters by telephone. "This is an industrial site and is not designed for camping."

He said the group's refusal to leave had led him to hire a DJ to play music from Wednesday morning, starting around 9 a.m.

"This is a way of putting pressure on them. It was very difficult to negotiate with the gipsy king, as he called himself," Mr Debroux said.

"It's a non-violent method to ask them to come to an agreement."

Debroux said the music had been limited to a maximum 95 decibels, equivalent to the sound of a pneumatic drill from 50 feet (15 metres) away.

Local media said that the DJ kicked off his set with Dire Straits' "Sultans of Swing". Belgian television showed Roma children dancing to the music.

"I want to thank the mayor," said one camp resident. "It's very nice that he sent a DJ for us to have a party."

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just beat them up and burn the corpses. You can get some energy out of it that way.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
It's their own fault ! They didn't leave "when they should"

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
It's their own fault ! They didn't leave "when they should"

You know, Roma want to negotiate, because they can get something out of it. You play little mind games on people and set up for favourable conditions, just before the people get really mad at you and start doing something radical. In the eyes of bystanders, using inhumane methods against Roma will redirect anger towards officals. Thats not good since you'll seed distrust. Once Roma feel out the limits, they can push the envelope and in most cases they'll get what they want. Namely, profit.

In my eyes the fuckin' gypsies should have been forcefully removed, if they don't fulfill their part of the deal and decide to do whatever they want with other peoples property. All they are doing is lving on other peoples cost, because they litter the place with their shit and destroy stuff. It pisses me off, that earnest working people are always at the brink of their physical limitations to survive and those wandering people just party themselves rich. I mean look at their stuff ! It looks expensive as fuck !

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant we give them, like, dirty bedsheets or something, and wait till they die from some kind of disease?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Cant we give them, like, dirty bedsheets or something, and wait till they die from some kind of disease?
Or you know, use natural predators to kill off unwanted humans? Dawn of the Planet of the Apes have good intentions to teach us how to get rid of humans from certain properties.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not wasted if you can make something out of them. (*hint* *hint* I mean money. From their organs.)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No, that is illegal by all means.
What is illegal is defined by the running government. They want to get rid of gypsies? They want to make money while doing it?
Then I dont see how that would be illegal no more.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
What is illegal is defined by the running government. They want to get rid of gypsies? They want to make money while doing it?
Then I dont see how that would be illegal no more.
It is illegal by world standards, that's what's blocking the government from doing all those things, like forcing them to comply regulations, etc.

If you're an official, you would avoid all kinds of scrunities and controversial issues. Trust me, your position is far more valuable than losing it altogether.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
China/Taiwan in particular.

(I will miss my girlfriend, though)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.