General Billionaire Richard Branson Wants Everyone to Have Unlimited Vacation

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
gty_richard_branson_jc_140923_16x9_992.jpg

Billionaire Richard Branson may be the coolest boss ever.

The Virgin Group founder believes people should be able to take time off work whenever they want -- no questions asked.

"It is left to the employee alone to decide if and when he or she feels like taking a few hours a day, a week or a month off," Branson said in an excerpt from his new book "The Virgin Way: Everything I Know About Leadership" that was posted to his blog.

Branson said he's introduced the "non-policy" at Virgin offices in the United States and the United Kingdom, and if all goes according to plan, he said he plans to encourage all of the company's subsidiaries to stop counting vacation time.

Read more about it here: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/ri...mployees-unlimited-vacation/story?id=25696231

----------------------------------------
Truly innovative! I have no idea how that would work in Real Life but I would not mind working for a company that believed in it. :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it works well if you employees love their work.
I would not take any vacations at my current work. I like to go to work, I like the people there and I like the stuff I do.
Really depends on the work atmosphere though. Would not work everywhere thats for sure.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Give me a job I love and this would work out excellently.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Unlimited vacation isn't unheard of. A lot of companies have adopted it.

The idea is you have short, mid, and long term goals for the year, and so long as they're met, you're good.

Not a bad idea in today's society for certain jobs :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.