News Breakfast Downgraded From 'Most Important Meal of the Day' to 'Meal'

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
"You didn't eat breakfast? Don't you know it's the most important meal of the day?"

In the bitterly divided world of breakfast habits, otherwise reasonable people become evangelists. Why is it acceptable to make people feel guilty about not eating breakfast, but it is not acceptable to slap those people?

This week health columnist Gretchen Reynolds at The New York Times did the slapping with science, reporting on two new nutrition studies. She concluded, "If you like breakfast, fine; but if not, don’t sweat it."

That's reasonable, if apathetic. Nutrition science as a field has in recent years been bisected over the importance of breakfast. The research speaks with more nuance than the lay breakfast pusher. But the new studies land a weight of evidence thoroughly outside the realm of "most important meal."

Last edited by a moderator:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, have they done tests on any other meal? As in if time of eating affects you over the fact that eventually you still will have a healthy enough amount of meals to give you energy.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, have they done tests on any other meal? As in if time of eating affects you over the fact that eventually you still will have a healthy enough amount of meals to give you energy.

Been skipping out breakfast for a month. So far, I felt unhealthy, but indifferent.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I mean if I skip any meal I will feel more tired for the following hours, but that is regardless of what meal specifically it is.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean if I skip any meal I will feel more tired for the following hours, but that is regardless of what meal specifically it is.
You probably require high amounts of blood sugar in your meal.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I hate breakfast. I do love capn crunch though.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Well, It's all very individual and how you feel.
I have a lot more energy and feel a lot better when I don't eat breakfast !

thewrongvine

Reaction score
You probably require high amounts of blood sugar in your meal.

Blood-Sugar.jpg

What I think of, lol. Literal blood sugar. Yeah, I know a good amount of people who prefer to skip breakfast.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I just call all meals meal. Steaks in the morning, cereal at midnight, and white Russians at noon.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I eat all day long but never much. Just many small snacks whenever I feel like it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.