BSODs related to video TDR error

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Hi all. I've been getting a problem with BSODs every time I try to play a game on Steam. I've tried uninstalling steam, the games, etc. no luck. I've narrowed it down to a video card driver error, but I tried reinstalling the driver with no luck either. I originally had Version 335.23 but now I'm using 332.21, no difference.

I have a GeForce 425M. Interestingly I also get the BSOD when I try to update my driver or preview changes in 3D settings - so I'm thinking it might have something to do with that.

On Thu 12/11/2014 12:24:30 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121014-47814-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x153BBC)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA8009BF1010, 0xFFFFF8800F1EFBBC, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 332.21
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 332.21
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 332.21 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

I searched Google for this kind of error, and there seem to be tons of people having it on all different cards, all different driver versions, and some in very specific scenarios (ie a particular game).

I tried opening up my laptop to see if there was any crap making the card overheat, but it looked fine to me.

What am I missing?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.