Building limits

Discussion in 'World Editor Help' started by Ratata, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Ratata

Ratata Member

Hi guys,Im having an issue with setting building limits.so i have building A and i want that building to have a limit of 1,meaning that building can be constructed once and again only if the previous one is destroyed.Thank you in advance.
  2. Accname

Accname 2D-Graphics enthusiast

There is a trigger action for exactly this purpose. Its called "limit construction of unit for player" or something like that.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ratata

Ratata Member

I think what you are reffering to is the action Player-set training/construction avalibility of unit right?Even so that trigger only enables/disables building/training a specific unit.
  4. Accname

No, there is also a trigger action which allows you to specify the exact number of times a unit or building can be trained / constructed.

Just looked it up, its:
    Player - Limit training of UNIT to NUMBER for PLAYER
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ratata

Ratata Member

Oh,thank man +1
  6. LoneCharger

LoneCharger New Member

Hello, I am having a very similar problem, except, it's an upgradable building. So I put a limit on the first tier, the Tent, but as soon as I upgrade it to a farm, I can build the tent again. How do I make it so all the upgrades also count as the tent?
  7. LoneCharger

LoneCharger New Member

Hello, I am having a very similar problem, except, it's an upgradable building. So I put a limit on the first tier, the Tent, but as soon as I upgrade it to a farm, I can build the tent again. How do I make it so all the upgrades also count as the tent?
  8. Accname

Just keep track of the building yourself. When the building first enters the game you set a boolean variable (or you count up an integer variable if you want more than one) and you disable construction of another building of its kind.
    When the unit is killed / removed you set the boolean to false (or count the integer down) and enable the construction of another building.
  9. LoneCharger

LoneCharger New Member

I can see what your saying, can you give me an example of what that would look like? (What condition Event is.) And I also don't really know what an Integer is, or how to work one.
  10. jonas

jonas Member

Jass Integers are 32 bit numbers with the typical two's complement range.
  11. LoneCharger

LoneCharger New Member

Thank you guys, I figured it out, mostly at least, from looking at the triggers of some custom maps. Thought I should put it on here for any future questions. Here's how I did it. This is only for a two-tier building, and only for Player 1(Red), but it should be a pretty good start for higher tiers.
    Building first structure.
    Events:
    Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins construction
    Condition:
    (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to Villager's Tent
    Action:
    Player - Make Villager's Tent Unavailable for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)

And then rebuilding after your upgradeable building dies.
    Events:
    Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies
    Conditions:
    (((Dying unit) is A structure) Equal to ((Triggering unit) is in (Units of type Villager's Tent))) or (((Dying unit) is A structure) Equal to ((Triggering unit) is in (Units of type Farm)))
    Actions:
    Player - Make Villager's Tent Available for training/construction by Player 1 (Red)
  12. Accname

That second condition is not a very good one. You already had a unit type comparison in your first trigger, why not use it again in the second one?
    Trigger:
    • ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Villager's Tent) or ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Farm)