c&c Ra3 inspired race questions

Randael

Reaction score
hey everyone ^_^ I got a small question , i wouldnt actually know how to search for in in any other way . soo from the start...

I was working on a custom race, my idea was inspired by the asians in red alert 3, basically you build "cores" , those cores can deploy anywhere on the map and form a certain building... while they deploy they obviously can be destroyed. I made a trigger with the event that a skill is used and ofcourse set the "building" skill as condition, then it removes the unit and places itat the spot where the "core" was... but now comes the question... I want it to first turn into a temporary building that can be destroyed, and if its destroyed the main building wont be spawned, but how do i do it? I assume its using a timer and timer expires trigger, but i wouldnt know how to actually go about this... what todo to save the position of the unit and the owner, and how to prevent it from bugging out? (as in lets say several builkdings of the same kind spawned at the same time, or the main building being spawned even though the temporary building got destroyed).. Any help is welcome and appreciated ^_^

Regards
René

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Be more specific, try to describe what you want to achieve in small steps, one bit at a time. Right now its quite ambiguous what you really want to do.

Randael

Reaction score
well , alright.. i will try..

well basically it should work like this:

first the easy part, u create a unit which later is supposed to be "transformed" into a building / structure / whatever all of that i figured i will make with a spell and a condition that checks for that used spell and hence does an action , might not be the best way but i dont know any other way tbh hehe, now lets say i create a "guard tower" unit in the base... the player can control it and move it wherever he wants toand then use the skill of that unit(or whatever if theres a better way) to basically transform in on the spot into the desired building , in this example a guard tower... now my problem is that they now spawn directly without any delay or way to stop them from constructing... I would like to basically create a "delay" before the structures are placed down onto the ground, i thought about creating a new unit/structure that will act as a "temporary"placeholder maybe with a timer above(if that would work), lets say 12 seconds pass and the structure / unit will be spawned onto the spot the skill was used on (unit that creates it will be removed immediately) ... thats the first issue^^ basically i need to figure out how to create said delay AND the temporary building that later transforms into the finished one on the exact same spot for the same player that controls the unit that casted the spell.... second issue would be to actually make a trigger that cancels the spawning of the unit/structure if the "temporary" building got destroyed... lets just say gets destroyed halfway during the building-up process... those are basically my main problms atm.

It might be possible to just somehow start the construction process of the building or whatever at the spot now that i think about it, wouldnt know how to go about that tbh though ^^ a placeholder building would allow for some cool things though... for example turn into a weak defense platform itself thats capable to fight off atleast small units until its finished... same should go with units... basically a unit that can transform into different forms with a certain delay ^^ could do quite a few cool things with it

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.