Can someone explain to me how custom pathing texture works?

LoveTD's

Reaction score
hi all

I'm having a map where I have to make my own pathing texture for some little stairs, but i have a few problems:

How do I calculate how big the stairs is so that I can make my own pathing texture (how much pixels do i need)

How do I make pathing texture in tga format?

Can someone please explain me how it exactly works, because I saw this tutorial about custom pathing maps on world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net
But it is a bit confusing when it comes to actually making the pathing texture itself.

They only tell you what collors you need to use and how much pixels, but they don't tell you how to save it as .tga or how to find out how much pixels you need for your model.

anny 1 who can help me with this will get +rep, I really really need to know this. Without it my map will be doomed :D

Thanks to those who try to help <3

LoveTD's

Reaction score
I have finally made a nice pathing texture after trying for hours.

But I'm still having a problem: now I made the pathing texture but the unit still walks trough the stairs, it cant go straight throught every part though because now it has pathing texture.

But if he walks on it he will still be on the same height which is the ground :S

Does annybody know what this means?:
Rectangular, invisible 'helper' surfaces in my model help the unit walk over the cliff edge.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php

And how do I use them on a model?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.