Cancel detection at Triggers

masta_orc

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i need help at Triggers.

I got the Event 'A unit cancels reviving' but it only detects the cancel if hotkeys/Buttons where used.

If a cancel click on Altar (directly at Hero Icon) happens, Hero Revive gets canceled but the Trigger doesnt detect it.

How can it get detected, please help me? :(

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score

masta_orc

Cool Member
Reaction score
thanks for answer,

the 1st thread solution doesnt work.
the 2nd thread solution works for 1 hero/altar, but if a 2nd or 3rd hero starts reviving, it makes new problems.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Tested it myself. The first solution does indeed not work.
Well, I guess you will have to build a revive system yourself. Perhaps by training units and reviving heroes with the help of triggers.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Wait, it doesn't get detected in that particular case? Very odd!

Don't have a means of popping open the editor right this moment, is there a way to keep track of the Alter's queue? Could you trigger it based off that? Just throwing out ideas.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait, it doesn't get detected in that particular case? Very odd!

Don't have a means of popping open the editor right this moment, is there a way to keep track of the Alter's queue? Could you trigger it based off that? Just throwing out ideas.
Not that I know of. Since you can not reliably detect when something gets canceled and there is no way to get the current queue there is no safe way to do this I think. Reviving heroes is NOT an order in the game. So starting / canceling does not trigger any "Unit is given Order" events. It is also not an event.

There are a couple of corner cases you could do but they only apply to certain kinds of games:
1) Check for changes in money. Canceling the revive will give you back the money you spent on it. This is, of course, only possible if you have no other means of getting money in the mean time.
1.b) Do the same thing but with Food counts. (Use food provided; not food used!)
2) Make the resurrect time very short. When a revive was started, start a timer that will count down the resurrection time. When the timer finishes check whether the hero is alive or dead. For long wait times this is not desirable because you will always have to wait the full resurrection time for the event to trigger.

I would really suggest just building your own revive system. Its relatively simple and gives you more control without emposing any limitations.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Not that I know of. Since you can not reliably detect when something gets canceled and there is no way to get the current queue there is no safe way to do this I think. Reviving heroes is NOT an order in the game. So starting / canceling does not trigger any "Unit is given Order" events. It is also not an event.

There are a couple of corner cases you could do but they only apply to certain kinds of games:
1) Check for changes in money. Canceling the revive will give you back the money you spent on it. This is, of course, only possible if you have no other means of getting money in the mean time.
1.b) Do the same thing but with Food counts. (Use food provided; not food used!)
2) Make the resurrect time very short. When a revive was started, start a timer that will count down the resurrection time. When the timer finishes check whether the hero is alive or dead. For long wait times this is not desirable because you will always have to wait the full resurrection time for the event to trigger.

I would really suggest just building your own revive system. Its relatively simple and gives you more control without emposing any limitations.
A mix of the food and gold check could work in many cases, but not all.

Perhaps this is something that could be brought up to Blizzard? IIRC they were hiring a few C++ engineers to work on the "classic" games. This would be a neat hotfix :)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
They are never going to fix this. All they are going to do is freshen the game up for never OSes and hardware. Perhaps improve the graphics quality / BNet connection or something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.