Sci/Tech China: Jade Rabbit moon rover may be beyond repair, state media hints

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Scientists may not be able to repair China's lunar rover, Jade Rabbit, that has broken down on the surface of the moon, a report on state media suggested.

The report from Xinhua, written as if it sent by the rover itself, said the problems could prove insoluble.

"Masters are working round the clock. In spite of that, I know I might not be able to make it through this lunar night," the "report" from Jade Rabbit said.

"If this journey is to be suspended ahead of schedule, I am not fearful. No matter whether I can be fixed or not, I believe I have left masters much valuable information and experience."

The authorities reported on Saturday the rover had experienced a "mechanical control abnormality'' and scientists were trying to fix it.

The problem happened just before the rover was about to enter its second lunar night, which lasts about two weeks with temperatures plunging to minus 180 degrees Celsius.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It probably found the secret north korean military base on the moon. That is the location from where they are sending their space ships to the sun.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
China's imperiled Jade Rabbit moon rover: 'Goodnight, humanity'

(CNN) -- China's brand new moon rover is already saying farewell.

The diminutive lunar explorer, known as Jade Rabbit, or "Yutu" in Chinese, was about halfway through a three-month mission to study the moon's crust when it suffered a potentially crippling breakdown, said state media.

The report, authored by China's state-run Xinhua news, was written in the voice of the rover itself.

"Although I should've gone to bed this morning, my masters discovered something abnormal with my mechanical control system," said the Xinhua report, in the voice of the Jade Rabbit. "My masters are staying up all night working for a solution. I heard their eyes are looking more like my red rabbit eyes."

"Nevertheless, I'm aware that I might not survive this lunar night," it added.

Read more here. (CNN)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.