Politics Colin Powell endorses Obama

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell announced Sunday that he will be voting for Sen. Barack Obama, citing the Democrat's "ability to inspire" and the "inclusive nature of his campaign."

"I think he is a transformational figure, he is a new generation coming onto the world stage, onto the American stage, and for that reason I'll be voting for Sen. Barack Obama," Powell said on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Powell said he was concerned about what he characterized as a recent negative turn of Republican candidate Sen. John McCain's campaign, such as the campaign's attempts to tie Obama to former 1960s radical Bill Ayers.

"I think that's inappropriate. I understand what politics is about -- I know how you can go after one another, and that's good. But I think this goes too far, and I think it has made the McCain campaign look a little narrow. It's not what the American people are looking for," he said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I personally think we dont have our "Good President" yet. That person may still be living in a town somewhere and afraid to step up and take a stand.

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Powell. Not matter what he says, what he does, or how dedicated he is too his country, some people will believe he endorsed based on race.

SuperMetroid

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Powell. Not matter what he says, what he does, or how dedicated he is too his country, some people will believe he endorsed based on race.

So you know 100% that race didn't effect his decision at all? If race did effect his decision, I'm sure he wouldn't openly admit it. That would make him lose all credibility in the eyes of the public--which is who he is trying to influence in the first place. What you have is a theory, not a fact. Scientists and Mathematicians cannot even prove that commonly accepted (and rigorously tested) theories (i.e. the theory of evolution, the Pythagorean theorem, cell theory, atomic theory, et cetera ..) are in actuality fact--and they have at least 100,000 times the amount of the evidence that you have. Yet you claim that you magically know something that likely no one can prove but Powell himself to be 100% fact; and that you feel sorry for him, because people will question his motives? Questioning and testing information is essential to gaining knowledge and finding out the facts which directly correspond to reality. If you scoff at people for questioning, you are no better than the people who state that they know Powell's vote was 100% based on race.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
So you know 100% that race didn't effect his decision at all? If race did effect his decision, I'm sure he wouldn't openly admit it. That would make him lose all credibility in the eyes of the public--which is who he is trying to influence in the first place. What you have is a theory, not a fact. Scientists and Mathematicians cannot even prove that commonly accepted (and rigorously tested) theories (i.e. the theory of evolution, the Pythagorean theorem, cell theory, atomic theory, et cetera ..) are in actuality fact--and they have at least 100,000 times the amount of the evidence that you have. Yet you claim that you magically know something that likely no one can prove but Powell himself to be 100% fact; and that you feel sorry for him, because people will question his motives? Questioning and testing information is essential to gaining knowledge and finding out the facts which directly correspond to reality. If you scoff at people for questioning, you are no better than the people who state that they know Powell's vote was 100% based on race.

Ron Paul was the only person fit to become president, period.
That's not biased at all :rolleyes:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Bros before hoes.
Obama before Palin.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Ron Paul was the only person fit to become president, period.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... ha. Go away.

Bros before hoes.
Obama before Palin.

Palin isn't running for President; Palin before Biden. Obama before Clinton (either of them). Obama also right before WWIII, only he won't do anything.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This about describes my view. Thank you Varine.

Who can seriously say I SUPPORT RON PAUL? He, even to me, the psycho conservative republican warhawk guy, would be a worse choice than Obama. And I hate Obama. And Biden. I see nothing good about either of them assuming any public office. But hey, I mean Ron Paul. Who needs a government? Let's go back to the thirteen colonies and borrow money, like we did under the Articles of Confederation. And the IRS? People will give the government money voluntarily.

And Colin Powell... I don't really like him anyway. Why did it take him so long to endorse someone?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.