Computer problem!

Didde

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Lets begin with my problem, It started after i had my computer upgraded to better Motherboard, and better CPU ( i dont know if its called that ) and got 2gb of RAM memmory.

The thing is that when i play like Counter-Strike 1.6, ive usually ( before upgrade ) could play it for days with out even turning my computer off, but now it starts to restart it self after about 10min or so, not always but like today i got it restarted almost 11 times or something like that just becouse it did it ?!

Sorry if i misspelled ( Miss-Spelled ? ) And thanks for reading it. It's Really Anoying This Problem Ayeh ?

Here is some info if this will help!

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ************
User Name D*****

Motherboard:
CPU Type 2x , 2300 MHz
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset Unknown
System Memory 2048 MB
BIOS Type Award Modular (12/31/08)
Communication Port Kommunikationsport (COM1)
Communication Port Skrivarport (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (128 MB)
3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E
Monitor Plug and Play-bildskärm [NoDB] (LAW0C0414000)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter C-Media CM108 Like Sound Device
Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio output

Storage:
IDE Controller Standard-Dual Channel PCI IDE-styrenhet
IDE Controller Standard-Dual Channel PCI IDE-styrenhet
Floppy Drive Diskettenhet
Disk Drive ST3250823AS (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
Disk Drive ST375084 0A USB Device (698 GB, USB)
Disk Drive Nokia Nokia 5310 Xpres USB Device (1937 MB, USB)
Optical Drive FREECOM_ DVD+/-RW16H9 USB Device
Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-4164B
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 238464 MB (208776 MB free)
F: (FAT32) 715227 MB (413593 MB free)
Total Size 931.3 GB (607.8 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse HID-kompatibel mus

Network:
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (192.168.1.104)

Didde

Reaction score
What's it do when it restarts?

The whole computer restarts, and ill have to wait (Even if its no long time anymore, but still ). And ill have to do everything ive done, again. Like everything i did the session before it restarted it self.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah but does it just start shutting down or does it give you a message like The system will shut down in 60 seconds due to some error?

And your power supply might not be sufficient. Like right now mine's going bad and not producing enough power and it does weird things.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Did you format after your upgrade?

Shouldn't matter really, as if it was a OS error, it would show an error screen before restarting, like a BSOD.

Like Varine said, it may be your power supply. Make sure it's pushing enough juice to support all your hardware.

Didde

Reaction score
Yeah but does it just start shutting down or does it give you a message like The system will shut down in 60 seconds due to some error?

And your power supply might not be sufficient. Like right now mine's going bad and not producing enough power and it does weird things.

The screen goes black and it restarts in like 1 sec. And ive formatted my computer, becouse the motherboard wouldnt work else. I got a Power Supply For 450 W i think, just bought it. Really dont got any extra cash right now, so ill have to wait untill i get some.

Didde

Reaction score
Shouldn't matter really, as if it was a OS error, it would show an error screen before restarting, like a BSOD.

Like Varine said, it may be your power supply. Make sure it's pushing enough juice to support all your hardware.

How can i make sure ? Im not lika a computer guy, that's why i asked for help here.
I Appreciate all your answers. Thanks so far, but if the may be another solution please post a reply.

Varine

Reaction score
The screen goes black and it restarts in like 1 sec. And ive formatted my computer, becouse the motherboard wouldnt work else. I got a Power Supply For 450 W i think, just bought it. Really dont got any extra cash right now, so ill have to wait untill i get some.

Formatting has to do with the hard drive.

How much power is coming from the wall outlet?

Varine

Reaction score
Not the hard drive, you'll format it when you put the OS on. Either NTSF or whatever that acronym is or FAT something.

Varine

Reaction score
If it was RAM then generally it just crashes the programs I think. Not sure, though, since everytime I've had issues with RAM my computer just doesn't start because it can't load.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a RAM issue once, and was getting BSODs. That was on an older computer though.

Are you sure 450W is enough for all those hard disks you have? :p

Didde

Reaction score
okay, im not sure if the power is enough, but my friend has a similiar problem and hes computer is original built, with no "mods" "adds" "upgrades". And hes power should be totally okay but still his also restarts. And im not sure if the power is good enough for mine but, dont know really what to do. The RAM was okay.

im really getting sick of this :banghead: :(

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Are you sure 450W is enough for all those hard disks you have? :p

I see exactly one (internal 250GB) harddisk in there, the other one being external (USB 700GB). 450W are more than enough for that configuration, as long as it's stable. Reference: my Q9450 with 4 internal disks eats about 133W.

You should definitely run that memory test and check vital values of your (new?) system while it is under load (use some burn-in tool together with hardware monitoring that comes with your mainboard). It is cooled properly, isn't it?

Didde

Reaction score
I see exactly one (internal 250GB) harddisk in there, the other one being external (USB 700GB). 450W are more than enough for that configuration, as long as it's stable. Reference: my Q9450 with 4 internal disks eats about 133W.

You should definitely run that memory test and check vital values of your (new?) system while it is under load (use some burn-in tool together with hardware monitoring that comes with your mainboard). It is cooled properly, isn't it?

Cooled properly ofcourse, ive got 2 extra FANs 1 that i took from my old CPU cooler, and 1 custom. And they are properly installed etc. The thing that i didnt understand how to do is the checking of vital values of my new syster (yes). if u could give me direct "how to ( for dummies ) " like a guide it would help alot. Thanks.

Varine

Reaction score
I can't understand what you write really.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.