[Contest] Official Spell Contest #1

Reaction score
Yes, that means "you can't".

After I get back from school I vote in the voting thread..

And rodead, if you see this post, could you please tell me what was the bug you discovered in my spell?

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
I think Überplayer is still a bit confused.
  • Entrants may vote in the voting thread.
  • Entrants may not vote for themselves.
  • No one should post anything but voting related posts

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I believe Emj|r3 not to post anything but votes on the voting thread, yet a see some spams?

Anyway:

> kc102

Meh, the video left some spells out, not to talk about the fact that it may hide a few problems that only testing can show. My suggestion is that you take a peak at the spells before testing the.

And you also forgot to explain why you like the spells (do you eve know what each one does?)

> PiCkstix

I believe we were asked to choose 3 spells?

Heh, seems like Pyrogasm is in the best position, me being way, way back (the small dot lumping).

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Well, it seems like my spell is unappealing to those who want to watch a cool spell but appealing to those who actually analyze all the entries...

Hit-or-miss, I guess.

To be honest, Rehias, the reason I didn't like your spell was because all it was because it just seemed to be a warstomp with a casting time.

rodead

Reaction score
Nice comments about my spell if i hadt more time i worked it out and made it leakless and better.
but it is to bad that i hadn't enough time

Rheias

Reaction score
> Pyrogasm

My spell is cool! It also slows people! :rolleyes:
I know, the spell idea wasn't the best, but oh well, as you said hit-or-miss.
Next time (assuming there is next time) I think I'll judge, that is, if Emj|r3 will accept me.

Reaction score
>lol i don't get it why so much people vote on uberplayer
Is that so? There isn't so much votes for me.. Some of the votes for me aren't counted in anyway, because they didn't follow the rules when voting.

>but he got bugs in his spell
It does? I know as I already told it in my spell post. If you didn't do what I said that don't do, everything would be fine. The bug happens only because I made the spell so you can adjust the maximum channeling time by triggers..

>..and the players reputation
So basically.. they vote for what they like?

rodead

Reaction score
I Take back what i said uberplayer i completly understand it. i shall keep it for my self then!

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I dont see how deleting a part of a trigger is hard >.<

Shouldn't of put chaos in

Code:
Else - Actions
    If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        If - Conditions
            (Unit-type of ES_Ball[(Integer A)]) Equal to Dummy(Chaos)
        Then - Actions
            Trigger - Run Chaos Sphere <gen> (ignoring conditions)
        Else - Actions
Take that out if you want without the chaos ball, in the trigger "Movement and Damage"

Is doing ^ Against rules? Its not changing my map, its telling how others how to modify it, so I'm not sure
Delete post if it is, i still wanna at least get last, not disqualified ;)

Rheias

Reaction score
Emj|r3 I think the removing people from the contest policy is wrong. Where else would we talk about votes? As far as I can remember I said nothing off-topic, yet got removed from the contest. The very least you could do when removing someone from a contest is point out what he did, however, the only post but my votes was regarding other user's votes, and as far as I can remember, you said it is ok to comment on other votes.

I can see why so little voted, making one false step makes the whole work on the spell go for nothing, so why take the risk? Even more, usually we don't know exactly what we did wrong, so we will not be able to fix it next time.

Let me know if I'm a minority here...

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
no one was removed from the contest, a few were - repped for clear off topic posts in the thread

its not hard to do, post about votes, or dont post at all, where is the false step there?

very little voted because I wctually made the voters taake time and do some work in testing, rather then downloading what looked like the best, voting for it, and calling it a day

minority or majority, makes no difference, if people canot follow very simple rules, stay on topic, and take some time out of their day to vote for the contest, they don't deserve to take part now do they?

rodead

Reaction score
Green hulk :D

when are you done with your voting and who are nominated for the next voting round?

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
The finalists are (in no particular order) Acehart, Pyrogasm, Moonslinger, hell_knight9, and Grymlax

I have graded their spells on aesthetics and intangibles, and will move onto coding when i get the chance

Rheias

Reaction score
> no one was removed from the contest, a few were - repped for clear off topic posts in the thread

I apologize for misunderstanding the rules.

Prediter[BuB

Reaction score
I was wondering if it were possible that i can change my submission or submit another one? Ive gotten a lot better.

rodead

Reaction score
Lol you are a little bit late the contest is allready over and the voting is done!

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
I was wondering if it were possible that i can change my submission or submit another one? Ive gotten a lot better.

Don't worry, there will be other contest...
Personally, I feel that contest are the best for others to comment/criticize your work so you can improve.

If you want, you can still post them in the spell section.

rodead

Reaction score
oke thanks moonslinger didn't know that you could submite your spell you made in a contest in the spell section i go surly improve my spell since i liked it alot :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.