Crossology temporarily down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I meant your doodles would probably scare Eric for no other reason other than you're Seth Cross. But that was just a joke. :p

Coolio. I'm working on a number of reports for school, but on the side, I'm reading classics and preparing to gather material for my first novel. It's a really busy time, but I'm enjoying it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually fell off my reading resolution from New Year's. I only need 3 more books and I have 8 months left, though :) So no worries.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Yeah? I'm going for 30 this year. 50 was a bit too much last year. I need to count up all the books I've read since January... Now, let's see...

Utopia
... some other book... can't quite think of the title
Things Fall Apart
The Last Sister of Walsdorf

As you can see, I still have a long ways to go. >_>'

Oh wait, I am finishing two novels this month, so that'll help. But with all the reading material that I'm given, I doubt I'll get much done in April... maybe a few poetry books. I feel like spring is poetry season. :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
I could do that, titling it as a rough draft only... However, right at this moment, it would be impossible. I'm in MS, my flash drive is in NJ :p And I'm not going to have Danny Cross do it or send me the files when half the time she gets home, I'm out of the dorm on non-duty hours having fun with my friends, so she can't send them to me.

One way or another, it really doesn't matter because Corruption is going to be completely redone.

I can say this, though. When I do finally get time to sit down and write that sumbitch over again, I will actually get a publisher. It's funny how childish my opinion on that idea was... More or less, I was under the thought process of "if I don't try, I cannot fail" and I didn't want to feel failure.

But now I know that no matter what, I'll get it published if I try hard enough. Hell, I'll do anything if I try hard enough :)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
If you rewrite it, you may want to consider writing it for an indie publisher.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I'm not writing it FOR anyone but myself and for people to enjoy. I'm not going to be one of those people who adjust their style to work with a certain publisher. Someone somewhere will like the story enough to publish it, meaning that it'll get out there. I just have to work at it until we get to that point.

Blood- More what... Stories? Threads? Of course. What's on the Crossology site now is not HALF of what I have, but there's a lot to type up.

You guys don't even see all the forums XD If there's nothing or barely anything in a forum, I hide it until I can type up some more material to display. Don't worry, there's more coming. All the time, every day.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I don't have it typed up, but there's a good chance I'm going to do an after-Stinda Series series of books, in the Deadlands atmosphere.

Now, what did that mean? For those of you that remember Corruption, that is book 1 of 5 in the Stinda Series. After Revelation, we have an area called the Deadlands... And I'm thinking of using it as a setting for another series I'm concocting. The details aren't worked out so I can't really release too much [because it might all change] but rest assured, that's something in the works.

The characters from the Stinda Series will be there in the new series, but they won't be the main characters. If I do it, the stories will focus on a new set of characters and villains.

Though, someone does try to kill Alexander :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
What... Corruption? Oh, I have to find somewhere to post the actual download. I don't know if I'm going to use the forum for DLing... Mebbe.

Besides, I need to do some random replacements of some names.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am glad to know that we are one step closer to having the opportunity to read corruption : )

DM Cross

Reaction score
Some updates to look forward to;

New series idea; The Seventh House
Another vampire story, this time it's actually based on a true story [except turned into a vampire story] this will have 7 books if I plan it out right.

Another new series; Dogs of War
A story based upon some tension in my real life when dealing with some military stuff, it'll be my first "military" story and will probably take awhile to write so that I can have a bit more experience IN the military.

Bringing up an old series; ... GOTH'S HIGH!

Yes, I am considering restarting GH, this time being the only person to run the entire shebang[sp?] I actually just DLed some PS program that I'll have to re-learn, not to mention practice my sketching skills, but I have some planning to do first and that's what I've been working on thus far; Plots and characters backgrounds. Fun stuff.

Then just some notes and stuff to be recorded here and there that'll give you guys some "insider" information to my writing ideas :)

DM Cross

Reaction score
An update, albeit a tragic one for Crossology.

The old board went kaput. And there are virtually no paper copies of most of that work. Doh!

Started a new board. Almost nothing on it yet. Working on some things now... Will post more in due time, and will update this thread to reflect link changes...

Will be removing old useless links soon.

Wizard

:)
Staff member
Reaction score
An update, albeit a tragic one for Crossology.

The old board went kaput. And there are virtually no paper copies of most of that work. Doh!

Started a new board. Almost nothing on it yet. Working on some things now... Will post more in due time, and will update this thread to reflect link changes...

Will be removing old useless links soon.
I look forward to seeing the return of some of your content, I quite enjoyed it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The story notes are re-writable. So is re-posting the images in the gallery, as they were saved in a photobucket account.

The poetry, however, is gone. Most of it permanently.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Worse things have happened. Everyone will survive.

Trying to re-organize/re-fresh some ideas... Found an OLD short story I had written that a lot of people had enjoyed. Typed some of it... 2? pages or so out of I think 8...

"Farewel" is the first part of what was originally going to be a 3 part short story entitled "The Last Hunters"... Like most of my writing, it's a vampire story, set different from any other universe I've been creating.

Enjoy:

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Crossology/topic/7977867/1/#new

New rules for Crossology, btw... Anyone who signs up can REPLY to threads, but only I can start them, since it is, after all, a board for my writing. I'm not trying to create a place for people to come discuss random topics, so don't expect a General Discussion style category anywhere, anytime.

Feel free to just comment here instead of signing up... Again, this board is not directed toward discussion, merely showcasing my work/organizing it online/creating record of it. I'm not trying to get members or post counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.