Diablo 2 LOD Unable to identify the application version????

U

Unregistered

every time i try to connect it says error unuble to identify the application version. please help.

W

wakko

1. Is this a legit copy of Diablo 2: LoD?
2. Uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall it.
3. Download the patch from: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p
4. Install the patch.
5. Try again.

If you don't feel like doing steps 3 and 4, then just reinstall it, and connect to battle.net and let it install the patch for you.

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
If you still receive that error after following wakko's steps, scan your computer for viruses. I suggest Housecall, a free online scanner.

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by wakko
1. Is this a legit copy of Diablo 2: LoD?
2. Uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall it.
3. Download the patch from: http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=mdt0387p
4. Install the patch.
5. Try again.

If you don't feel like doing steps 3 and 4, then just reinstall it, and connect to battle.net and let it install the patch for you.

But if it is not a legit copy then what?
Does it really make any difference? plz answer

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If its a pirated copy, then Battle.net won't let you on. (Depending on the way it has been pirated.)

It can't identify the version because the file has been hacked.

The game is pretty cheap now... it's easier to buy it.

We won't help you with your pirated copy here, sorry.

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Rapmaster
If its a pirated copy, then Battle.net won't let you on. (Depending on the way it has been pirated.)

Ok thanks for the help!!!!! i apreciate it..... and i think i will buy it!
thank you very much

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Rapmaster

Does battle.net work if you have a copy of diablo 2 and lord of destruction is a original cd????? plz answer

W

WinterNightPhantom

If you are using a burned copy of Diablo II Classic and/or Lord of Destruction, the only thing that would prevent you from connecting to Battle.net with it is if you're using a no-CD crack. You would need to use a no-CD crack if you're getting the "please make sure your disc is in your drive" error message when you try to start the game up with the burned copy; the copy protection scheme that the game disc uses checks to see if you have a "legitimate" disc. If you try to connect to Battle.net while using a no-CD crack, you will get the "unable to identify application version" error message because your game executable has been modified in a way that Battle.net cannot recognize it.

If your Classic disc is burned and your Lord of Destruction disc is an original, you're not using a no-CD crack and you're using the LoD disc to start the game, you should be able to connect to Battle.net.

H

Helpless

I did... bought the battlechest at $76 but the LOD disk cracked last year.....

Z

Zr0

I have a question is there a way to redownload the game... i have diablo 2 and Lod.. but i only have the play disc for diablo2 and cant get in installed with out the install cd... any suggestions.... i really dont want to pay again just for the install cd.... please help if you know another way around it

Z

zachanator13

plz help!!!!

:( i downloaded the patch but when i went to download it to the game it said that the game is more up to date then the patch and when i checked to connect to battlenet again it said the same message and i reinstalled the game like 50 TIMES!can someone help plz!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
What exactly is the message that Battle.net is giving you when you try to connect? Are you downloading the patch from the Blizzard website or are you letting Battle.net do the patch for you? Is the game you are trying to play Diablo 2?

Z

zachanator13

i downloaded the patch but when i went to download it to the game it said that the game is more up to date then the patch and when i checked to connect to battlenet again it said the same message and i reinstalled the game like 50 TIMES!can someone help plz!:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( my email is [email protected] can someone send me the details that would be great thx!:) :D :) :D :) :D

p.s i have msn!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't answer the questions that I asked in the previous post then we will be unable to help you. Reposting your message and ignoring requests for more information will not be a fruitful endeavor for you I am afraid. Also, do not hold your breath about anyone emailing you. We prefer to give all help in the forums. Thanks.

dmohar

Reaction score
I have a question is there a way to redownload the game... i have diablo 2 and Lod.. but i only have the play disc for diablo2 and cant get in installed with out the install cd... any suggestions.... i really dont want to pay again just for the install cd.... please help if you know another way around it
if you have the cd key you can go to battl.net login site and register. from their you can go to the add game option and enter in the d2 cd key which will allow you to download a client and install the game legally.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's true. Of course, when the person asked that question 4 years ago the download option wasn't available on the battle.net site :)

But welcome to the forum:)

For anyone finding this post on google, that error message basically means your game .exe file is corrupted or has been modified by some hack (tsk tsk) or virus (oh oh!)

niglak72

Reaction score
its 2011 and i have the same error after downloading the digital copy from battle.net .. going to re install and see if that fixes it .. but 2 days ago i formatted my hdd completely and reinstalled vista and did all the windows update ..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.