Diablo II was unable to detect the disc in my CD-Rom drive.

Y

Yauchy

Hello,

I just recently got the urge to play Diablo II: LOD again, as a side-bar for WoW and I have run into a problem. I have purchased 3 Diablo II's after having one stolen & another lost, and now a third won't read.

I have updated most if not all of my hardware drivers, and i read your FAQ on this topic:

"consider CD & DVD emulation software like Daemon Tools (Free) or Alcohol (Trial). Simply dump the "Diablo II Play Disc" on your hard-drive using IsoBuster."

I downloaded Daemon Tools & IsoBuster, but have absolutely no idea how to "dump" the Diablo II: LOD CD onto my hard drive. I made attempts to "extract the raw data" from the disc, then tried to "mount the cue" only to find that Daemon Tools said there was no data...nore could i locate it (even in the file i extrated the raw data to).

I know Diablo II is rather old now :(, But i thought I could get some help so I never have to deal w/ one of these CD problems again!

~Thanks, Yauchy
*I looked throught the forum and could not locate a thread on this subject*

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically you only need your CD Key of your bought version. You can use any Diablo 2 Disc to install and play the game. Just use your CD key. We don't support any of the other ways to play the game that you mentioned, the only thing we support is using a legitimate bought copy of the game in your CD or DVD drive.

If it won't install I suggest cleaning your CD, if it still does not work try installing your disc on another computer and see if it will install. If it does not work then it is probably the disc then you are dealing with Blizzard manufacturer warranty.

However, if the Diablo 2 disc is not compatible with your CD Rom drive the only advice we can give you here is to get the latest drivers for your CD Drive or get a new CD Rom drive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.