[Discussion] Asteroid TU24

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think its going to hit us. I believe that if it was negatively charged it would be giving off a glow like comets do. I don't believe there is any evidence to support that the asteroid is negatively charged so I am not going to worry about it. I wish there was somewhere you could go to get facts on this type of stuff rather than having to read through a huge thread on a message board where you have no idea if the information you are reading is fact or opinion.

Here is something debunking it

http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/...-me-asteroid-2007-tu24-is-no-danger-to-earth/

EatShrooms

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've heard the media mention a potentially catastrophic asteroid on a collision course with earth once an awhile. Just October last year there were 882 potentially hazardous asteroids found. I don't think it's anything to get excited about.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
I think this is a hoax too. If this would have been real, you would have heard it in one way or another.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Scary cuz jsut last night i bought Advanced Wars: Days of Ruin, and in it, the story is Meteors hit the earth, and most of the whole world population is gone. A giant layer of dust covers the Earth, and no food can be made.

And i didn't even kno wabout this until today. Awkward o_O

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Well, if you view things from that perspective...do you really think this would just so happen to be on the internet if someone wanted it to be a secret?

duyen

Reaction score
Well, if you view things from that perspective...do you really think this would just so happen to be on the internet if someone wanted it to be a secret?

Word does get out ;)

6 days till we find out if this is a hoax.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Indeed.
Though, this kind of a "word" would make every tabloid write about it.
You either have a secret nobody heard about, something the whole world is familiar with or a hoax.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not going to hit. It is a hoax. The disturbing thing I read though is that they were not going to tell us if they discovered something that would kill us and they could not stop it because the panic would not be worth it. Worth what? Then I started thinking who makes that decision?

duyen

Reaction score
It is not going to hit. It is a hoax. The disturbing thing I read though is that they were not going to tell us if they discovered something that would kill us and they could not stop it because the panic would not be worth it. Worth what? Then I started thinking who makes that decision?

Um.. even NASA is worried about it. Look at the orbiting pattern. I really don't think NASA would set up a hoax.

Don't believe me?

Read this.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
You do know there are many scientist working on Anti-Asteroid equipment. Theres one that uses a solar beam to push stuff away to Putting a bomb inside the asteroid. There are many ideas to split the asteroid into tiny bits to make it go around the earth. To completely destroying it.
It goes in levels.

If there is no other choice and everything else has failed. The world leaders will fire at least 15,000 ballistic missiles into space.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
You do know there are many scientist working on Anti-Asteroid equipment. Theres one that uses a solar beam to push stuff away to Putting a bomb inside the asteroid. There are many ideas to split the asteroid into tiny bits to make it go around the earth. To completely destroying it.
It goes in levels.

If there is no other choice and everything else has failed. The world leaders will fire at least 15,000 ballistic missiles into space.

The defense must be done by 2012, which i believe should be another discussion/debate.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
WTFFFFFFFFFFF if this TU24 hits us then...
Im gonna be 16 on 28th January 2008... Am I gonna die right after I celebrate my birthday? Well that can't be good :\
Whatever. This is life. We're gonna live or we're gonna die.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Did you guys even watch the video? :p
He didn't say it was going to hit us, he said it was going to release static discharge.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.