[Discussion] Asteroid TU24

duyen

Reaction score
Did you guys even watch the video? :p
He didn't say it was going to hit us, he said it was going to release static discharge.

Exactly, there is almost a 0% chance anyone will die from the actually impact, just the passing by.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
WTFFFFFFFFFFF if this TU24 hits us then...
Im gonna be 16 on 28th January 2008... Am I gonna die right after I celebrate my birthday? Well that can't be good :\
Whatever. This is life. We're gonna live or we're gonna die.

JANUARY 28 IS MY BIRTHDAY, TOO

:-O

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Why is it when I finally get out of public education and turn 18 the world suppose to end...
That's so not fair :p

Same here, i graduate from High School in 2012, BS man :D

And an omen happened today. My DS stylus... my only one... i lost it :O
A sign the Apocalypse is upon us.

S

sreeja

Whenever asteroids are first discovered, it takes a few days to get a very precise orbit. If the preliminary calculations put it anywhere close to Earth (and it does not have to be that close), people immediately get excited.This may be bad because it causes worry. However, it also causes a whole lot of astronomers to look at it and measure its position very precisely.

duyen

Reaction score
Same here, i graduate from High School in 2012, BS man :D

And an omen happened today. My DS stylus... my only one... i lost it :O
A sign the Apocalypse is upon us.

Um no.

darkchaosself said:
2012 multiple completely different cultures all said that the word end in 2012. Nostradamus also predicted it happening too.

Is Nostradamus the guy who predicted 9\11?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
2012 multiple completely different cultures all said that the word end in 2012. Nostradamus also predicted it happening too.
What? No.
Nobody clearly stated the World Ends Here year.
The Mayan calendar simply ends on December 21st 2012. That basically means nothing - there is no (clear) explanation. My own speculation is that they were simply to lazy to write further as it was already kind of big...
Nostradamus' prediction is much further into the future, year 3000+ or so. Worth mentioning though that everything he said is cryptic and can be interpreted in many ways.

duyen

Reaction score
What? No.
The Mayan calendar simply ends on December 21st 2012. That basically means nothing - there is no (clear) explanation. My own speculation is that they were simply to lazy to write further as it was already kind of big...
Nostradamus' prediction is much further into the future, year 3000+ or so. Worth mentioning though that everything he said is cryptic and can be interpreted in many ways.

He said Nostradamus also predicted it to. He didn't say in 2012, he said the end of the world :rolleyes:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
What? No.

My Bio teacher begs to differ ;)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> My Bio teacher begs to differ
That doesn't make him any less wrong.

duyen

Reaction score
But how do we know Osama Bin Laden is not Nostradamus's son and he KNEW it was going to happen because he made his son do it.

BTW: This is getting REALLY off-topic lol.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Sorry for dobule posting but heres a (Funny) video about the asteroid and how it misses. And does nothing. Nothing.
[YOUTUBE]K6Fz502xtyI[/YOUTUBE]

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
2012 The mayan calender ends because they ether 1) found out how to make illegal drugs and alcohol 2) They died out 3) They didn't think humanity would last that long or 4) They got lazy

Aww no giant space tazer :(

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Whether TU24 hits or not, you can still win off of it.
Think about it.
You could go down to the betting shop and bet that it won't hit us. If it doesn't, you make some cash.
And just in case, you could max out your credit cards the day before the predicted impact, and when you wake up to find your bank has been consumed by a pool of lava, you win :p

As far as I'm concerned, this is just more Fear-mongering by an ill-informed individual, a bit like Al Gore's delusion that global warming will kill us all if we don't go back to living in mud huts and eating leaves :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.