[Display] Fresh new computer, display looks grainy.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Hello people!

It has been a very long time since I last poked in here! For the first time I am posting here in the technical support forum, for me this place was always about Warcraft 3!

The thing is.. I bought a brand new computer - it has been constructed for me - the only thing I had to do is install Windows (10), run windows updates and install the driver discs that followed. I realized that maybe these were out of date, so I searched up and Windows found new ones for Graphic Card etc..

So on the updates front things look good! The problem I am having is that the screen is sort of grainy and almost looks out of contrast. It is not, I have tested the screen with a PS4 and another computer and the display looks fine. I am using a HDMI and it is connected to the HDMI port of the graphic card. I have restarted the computer after the graphic card update and also made sure that the correct screen resolution is set. Because to me it look almost like I am running on a lower resolution, it is that sort of effect.

What could cause this?

Below I have attached a cut-out from my desktop - I am not sure if it shows as I see it - but every icon, text and the colors seem at a bit off - almost grainy.

EDIT: If anything is "unclear" (heheh) let me know or maybe I can explain it in another way,.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-8_23-35-47.png
    upload_2016-8-8_23-35-47.png
    3 MB · Views: 933
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.