distorted sound

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
when being in a tank or vehicle and you hear all alot of distorted sounds then try this

start
run
dxdiag
at sound put the hardware accel to zero .
solved my prob.

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
A lot of people with Soundblaster Live! cards are having this problem. Turning the hardware acceleration to "full" has helped some people (through dxdiag and in the demo). Others have fixed the problem by grabbing DirectX 8.1b Redist, which can be found here, or by installing the lastest drivers for their sound card.

U

Unregistered

My sound effects are all distorted, or they wont work. It did't always do this ist was a recent thing. Sometimes it doesn't, but most of the time everything is distorted.

U

Unregistered

Thank you, this worked for me.My sound didnt even work before because i had full acceleration set.

A

ace1221

crackling sound

well i tried all that u guys mentioned and nothing fixed my prob. no matter if im in menu or ingame the sound crackles badly. im running winxp and my sound card is a soundblaster live 5.1 mp3+. now i know the game will run perfect sound and all in winxp caues my bud is using same copy of winxp and has exact same sound card as i and he has no probs. so if anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix this prob or else ill be forced to switch back to win2k where i know all works perfect.

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Dabom
A lot of people with Soundblaster Live! cards are having this problem. Turning the hardware acceleration to "full" has helped some people (through dxdiag and in the demo). Others have fixed the problem by grabbing DirectX 8.1b Redist, which can be found here, or by installing the lastest drivers for their sound card.

fixed my problem thanks

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.