• A little bit

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 16 16.3%

• Total voters

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Have you ever seen a ufo? if you haven't think about how much other people have. Do you think it's fake or real. They could be watching us right now. So do you think aliens exist?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
I completely doubt that over the span of the entire universe that Earth is the only planet in which life can exist.

Yes.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
I believe in other life but I do not believe aliens have visited earth. All those sightings are just people who saw what they wanted to see.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe, or maybe not. But they probably exist in a much different form, without cells or the dependencies that terrestrial life forms have.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Given the vast size of the universe and the fact that it's probably larger then anything humans can comprehend, chances are that somewhere, in that near infinite void, life does exist.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They exist, or they do not exist.

That is the only true thing you can say about the existance of aliens.

For what I believe, I do not believe they exist.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
You can't honestly think we're the only planet in the entire universe to have life on it. I do not believe in IGNORANCE that large.

Think about it. Our sun is like a star. There are 9 planets around it. Of the 9 planets, one has life [us]

How many stars are there? Times that number by 9, you get how many theortical planets there can be, revolving around stars WE CAN SEE. Then you figure 1 out of every 9 MAY have life.

You're talking hundreds of possibilities. I cannot believe people simply write those numbers off because they haven't seen any life.

The ironic thing is another race has this same debate on their own planet.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Do have any idea exactly how F***ing MASSIVE the universe is? Well, just think: Quadrillions of light years in diameter, and a light year is the distance light travels IN A YEAR. There is NO WAY we are alone.

In fact, space is so huge, that warp/hyperspace better be real, or we're gonna be alone for a very long time.

There is no doubt in my mind. Have you ever heard of the X-Files? Apparently there's a whole lot that the US government has kept secret at the Whitehouse/Pentagon.

Anyway, imagine a situation like in Transformers, what if the government is hiding so big as the flipping root of all technology?

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
You're talking hundreds of possibilities. I cannot believe people simply write those numbers off because they haven't seen any life.

hundereds?

People seem to have no concept on exactly how large our Universe is.

I will tell you this though. It is one big motherfucker.
Thats the only way I know to describe it.

The chances that life exists on other planets are about the same chances that Michael Jackson has inappropiatley touched little boys.

lol.jpg

quraji

zap
Reaction score
How many stars are there? Times that number by 9, you get how many theortical planets there can be, revolving around stars WE CAN SEE. Then you figure 1 out of every 9 MAY have life.

We're talking way way more than hundreds. But at the same time..

As most of us know, we live in a solar system of 8 (Pluto was demoted, remember) planets orbiting around the Sun, our star. There are several hundred billion stars in the Milky Way, our galaxy. In the universe there are many many billion galaxies.

It's easy to look at these figures and reason that with so many stars and possible solar systems, there must be intelligent life out there. While I'm definitely not saying that there is no possibility, this reasoning is rickety. We can't say for sure that there is or isn't.

The sheer number of conditions that must be met to form a planet that can sustain life are huge. Even if you get "life", it has to evolve over a period to become intelligent life (I am talking intelligent life here). During this time the life or planet itself could be wiped out in numerous ways.

Without any real evidence we'll just have to keep guessing/hoping/not caring (take your pick). Unfortunately, the chances are even slimmer to ever meet such life forms even if they do exist.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Here's an interesting video of Carl Sagan on the subject, although he's talking about just our galaxy.

[YOUTUBE]0Ztl8CG3Sys[/YOUTUBE]

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
People realize I was saying hundreds to break it to the close minded people kinda nicely, right? :rolleyes: Literalists.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Aliens are obviously possible, but many people always think Aliens will be far more intelligent then us. You may find aliens but they maybe as basic as Bacteria.

Also there is no easy way for us to even communicate with Aliens, at the moment we send Radio waves into space trying to find something but we don't even know if they use radio waves or rather if they are even intelligent enough to understand what they are.

I do believe something is out there but I have high doubts they are like the aliens people think about when they see War of the Worlds, etc.

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Ya i remember war of the world i watched it.

People think it the end of the world on 2012 in my opinion they are retarded

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i believe in aliens. with the reasons already stated. Theoretically, the universe is infinite, which means there must me an infinite amount of stars/planets, not just billions or even quadrilions.

either way, i think i saw some article recently that there where bacteria living on mars. couldnt you consider that aliens?

quraji

zap
Reaction score
either way, i think i saw some article recently that there where bacteria living on mars. couldnt you consider that aliens?

No, because any other life forms in the universe aren't aliens until they enter out atmosphere :p

'Alien' means foreign.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
k wait, then when u say aliens, do u mean life outside of earth, or aliens as in life outside of earth that have entered earth, cuz if its the former then yes i do believe, however i dont believe the latter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.