Crime Expendables 3 leaks online, 100K+ copies downloaded in hours

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
You’d have to be enjoying a Mars residency not to know that all big (and most small) movies get leaked online. If it’s available in a cinema, someone, somewhere will have a copy in a matter of days and it’s just a question of when, not if, it appears on the Internet.

As such, these events aren’t particularly big news but every now and again one comes along to make people sit up and listen. Several hours ago, July 24, 2014, marked one such notable leaking event.

Featuring every action hero known to man, from Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wesley Snipes, Jason Statham and Jet Li, to UFC stars Randy Couture and Ronda Rousey, Expendables 3 was always going to be a hit. However, the plan was to have it become a hit on the big screen before breaking into the home market.

That is not going to happen. Around twelve hours ago, a near perfect copy of The Expendables 3 appeared online and it’s already a smash hit with home audiences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Could care less. If I like the trailer, I will watch it in the cinema, as I support artists whom I care about.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody seen it yet?

@hatebaty:
The idea is that you can watch it for free and see if its good. If its good you can still go to the cinema, or buy a ticket and not show up. This way you can support the artist if you like his work, and if he is bad and he should feel bad you can make him.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
or buy a ticket and not show up. This way you can support the artist if you like his work

sadly by doing this the Artist really doesn't get much.. the theater will take a big cut (and get quite the deal out of it if you don't even show up), and then their company will take their cut as well

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
How do they tell they profit from the production costs? Buying a ticket at the theaters allows your money to be amalgomated, so that the aggregated total exceeds the production costs.

That's how people know it's a box office success, gets popular, and repeat.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
sadly by doing this the Artist really doesn't get much.. the theater will take a big cut (and get quite the deal out of it if you don't even show up), and then their company will take their cut as well
Even if he doesnt get any money for the ticket, the theater will know that the people liked his movie and perhaps buy another movie for him. (in a very simplified version of the process)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.