Firecat

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
So SD_Ryoko has left the building and used the knowledge I gave him about Search Engine Optimization when I was at the top of my game and he built Silk Road Online. Ryoko owned the search engines with that site and it became huge. Even though Ryoko left TH.net we still hosted Ryoko on his new site and his site was Massive. It was a real trick to try and host a website and keep it up that was constantly getting attacked and was #1 for its game.

Since TH.net was on the same server we had to move to lockdown mode on some serious hosts. That is when I had lots of advertising and could afford Softlayer Dedicated Server and DOS protection services. So I go over to this site and login to the forums and find out I am an Administrator privvy to every part of there forums. Apparently Ghan had went in there and taken over Admin and just made it so.

So I started posting my pictures on Silk Road Forums - why not? There was huge traffic there...

The people at SRF did not know what to make of it. They saw my Admin Tag and looked at my join date which the site origination date, and Ryoko had been absent for a year....

People looked at my profile and found TH.net.

Firecat crossed over....

Left the Ryoko abandoned for WoW SRF wasteland for TH.net :) Ryoko has really Affected this site since he graced us with his presence. He gave us WET and you can kind of thank him for Firecat :)

Not many other SRF people came over and we lost 56K too in that deal. It was kind of like we traded Ryoko and 56K for Firecat :)

Firecat lived in the News Forum as well as the Humor and Cool Pic threads I had on TheHelper. I used to mirror the pics I posted at TH.net on SRF but did not post certain stuff on TH.net because of the ages of the members. Alot were young so I kept it PG13. I was able to post a little freely on SRF.

WIP

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Of course, but I mean, it's good enough to "the end :)

Unfortunately I am writing some more Ryoko, 56K and SRF stuff too in this so it is not in its final version. I am actually probably going to move alot of the SRF stuff to the SRF section.

Probably more like WIP.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
I loved Fire Cat since day 1. So consistent in personality and always good for a grin! I bet he's got a smile like the cat in his picture whenever he starts stirring shit

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I loved Fire Cat since day 1. So consistent in personality and always good for a grin! I bet he's got a smile like the cat in his picture whenever he starts stirring shit

what is FC's day one? (I want to look up his posts from then..)

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
what is FC's day one? (I want to look up his posts from then..)

Firecat has been hear longer than me I think. I've got another account I used to use (wc3_map_fan) or something but I forgot the password for it and the connected email when I came back to the site. Pretty sure Firecat was around when I had that account and I used to just laugh so hard whenever he'd stir people up. He's one of the reasons I came back to the site.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think there should be more about who Firecat is. It's nice to know where he came from, but I think all of us has been left frustrated and flabbergasted after an argument with him at one point or another, and that's the Firecat charm we all know and love. I don't think you can have an Origin of Firecat without touching on what makes the Firecat, Firecat.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Firecat is a private person and does not want me sharing any more than I have already. If Firecat wants to add anything that is fine and I will be redoing this artice and splitting out some of the SRF stuff for another section.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.