[Flash] Vertigo 2

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
v2logo.png

Some of you may remember me as a person who made a lot of Flash games years ago. In more recent years I focussed on larger projects, probably much larger than Flash games should be, releasing about 1-2 content-heavy games a year.

So this is a project I started in February, I wanted to remake my original game Vertigo: Gravity Llama and mostly improve on it from a game design standpoint and make it a more balanced and fun experience overall.

Since then it's grown much bigger than my original goals, I went from planning 10 Worlds (to match Vertigo's 8 worlds + 2 bonus worlds), to making 12 Worlds, 12 super hard versions of those worlds, and 2 bonus worlds (1 of which is unfinished currently) Several of those worlds have boss fights too, for a total of 265 levels so far.

I also decided to make the soundtrack myself this time, making this the first project in which I am fully responsible for everything.

What Is It?

Vertigo: Gravity Llama was an action platformer with puzzle elements, you play a llama who can defy gravity by flipping between the ground and the ceiling. In the original game you had to return home after a catastrophic event, using different power-ups in each world to traverse the un-traversable in unusual ways.

In Vertigo 2, having made it home you find that many (40) of the llamas are missing, so you decide to venture back out in to the dangerous world that is this game to find and rescue them.

What's Changed?
  • I like to think that my art and illustrations have improved.
  • More interesting and unusual worlds.
  • Power-ups can now be taken with you out of worlds.
  • Coins now have somewhat of a use, though I'm still planning to make them even more important.
  • Overall, the game is easier but provides a lot of challenges to people looking to do more than just complete the worlds.

Screenshots: (Slightly out-dated, I'll replace these soon)
v2w3b.png

v2w6.png

v2w7b.png

v2w10.png

Soundtrack

You can test the game here! There is a fairly long loading time, the game is about 23MB currently. There is a loading screen but it doesn't appear until the game is about 30% loaded, I will be fixing this. (So don't worry if you get a white box for a while in the mean time)

---

That's everything, at this point I'm mostly interested in bug reports and feedback on the game itself, and maybe even the soundtrack!

Hope you enjoy!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
May I ask how are you going to plan to monetize this project of yours?

Your project seems just perfect to go with the Humble Bundle, or be published on Steam.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I was originally planning on selling it, having a free demo on my site with the option of getting the full game for like $1, however it's possible I'll just release it publicly as I've always done and collect ad revenue, licensing fees and sponsorship deals through relevant networks.

The idea of Steam and Humble Bundle did come up as well, but I know that there's hostility towards Flash games on those markets, even with indie games. We'll see what happens!

It's all uncertain at this point, but is a fair question!

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
wow looks high quality. I wouldn't say it looks like a production studio made it (looking at the art) but it still looks very nice.

id consider one more back layer, that has something slowly moving across or shadows of figures moving far in the background. but that's just me.

just checked out greg can jump and some of your others. your projects have alot more style to them then most i have seen programs have. so very cool.

dark maze. very cool also

freak i love those snakes.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I really like the fiery trees, they're a nice touch! I also think those green frogs / snakes are awesome :D.

I think your drawing skills have definitely improved since what I remember in the older days, I like your style a lot. You have unique color mash-ups and I think that's really eye-catching.

I'll start playing your game and see what more feedback I can provide, although I am usually getting frustrated really early with hard games like I know yours are xD.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.