game choppy while having killer computer spefications ? read this plz

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
installing battlefield on my 1 gb DDR 333 Mhz ram while using a GF TI 4200 128 megs on a AMD xp 2500 resulted in an install that had major choppyness even on the lowest settings .

My other machine an AMD 1 ghz same specs further wise would run the game just fine .

After dicking around trying to troubleshoot this. The following solution helped me out .

I installed on a different Drive that in this case my second harddrive .

keep in mind i reinstalled and patched the bugger several times on C:

After i did the install and patched it right away i went to the videocard properties and set all stuff to default .

And it drokking worked . Weirdest work around ever i seen for a game .

further digging around revealed that the coding for BF is really not that good . Even an unbalanced CD rom player can cause a corrupted install .

This might explain while ppl with the latest drivers and specs way above the recommended ones might have major preformance issues .

Hope this helps hehe

A

atomaro

Here is a fix that rivals Wargasms...

After installing XP Pro on a brand new WD HD, Battlefield had start-and-stop music issues and seemed to be playing in slow motion. After drivers, tweaks, a different HD, I still had nothing.
(my specs are AMD 1700, 1gig PC2100, GeForce 5900, 80gig 8mb HD and SB Live 5.1). Keep in mind MOHAA and all expansion backs played fine.

For the %#$% of it, I reformatted the WD HD, put it in my old Gateway (AMD 950, 1gig pc133, GeForce 3 ti200 128mb)...installed XP pro, installed Battlefield and then put it back in my "new" machine. Everything fired up and plays fine. Installing the MOHAA series and Call of Duty works fine too...go figure.

S

specop84ky

ultimate fix

Ok wargasms i don't know why, i don't know how, just try this. Go to your directx prog using the dxdiag command on the run screen. Go to display and turn off agp support.

my computer is an AMD Anthlon XP +2600 with 512mb ddr and a GeForceFX 5600 card. The game ran like S.H.I.T until i did this just for the hell of it. Now it runs like ive got an 64FX Anthlon. Trust me it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.