Game Crew

N

Nezgibs

i think he means bad as in either illegal or bad as in horrific.

oo naming the game hmmmmmmmmmmmm i gots an idea

The Death Sentinel

G

guitarplay

i got a rough and simple plot on the first post of mine so check it out.

yeah actualy i was just thinking i forgout about sound efects, music, and speach.

So now we need a soundtrack, noise effects and some voices. If you wanna help out there please just tell me.

Dont wory about all the dubing of voices or anything yet, but i guess well need the knight, archer, mage, summoner, a king, about 3-5 townspeople, creep sounds, 2-4 evil boss people, and a few extras.

It could be less people doing different voices but this could end up getting trickey. Lets not wory about it quite yet, but we can start collercting sound effects.

it is taking place in a sort of old, fantasy setting like a mix of fable, diablo, and stuff like that.

R

RobustChum

Hey you guys i just finished makinga forums for all of us, if your on the team then go to s15.invisionfree.com/WHP I made the forums to keep everyone who is on the team organized(Ignore the name, for now its temorary)

G

guitarplay

Ok, ive been goin round askin for help coding but not getting anywhere so far.

Now, this is somewhat disoranized so we will use that forum when we realy start doing anything. I think it is a good way to keep everything sperate yet together.

We can have all 2d art in one place, all models in another place, all code in another and so on. This way, people working on those things can have a place to transfer ideas and organize amongst themselves.

I vaguely remember someone offering to make a websight (could be something else, bad memory) and the thing is, i didnt think we needed to spend the effor to make one from scratch so he added on to his.

if you wanna make posts here for now still do so, but when we actualy get to the point where you are posting all your things for the game, it would be easier to use his forum.

Now it would be good for there to be one main tipic in each section to discuss and divide up work amongst crew. Then everyone could just make their own topic like Guitarplays models. Then someone else would have there model topic.

now i am looking for a good game engine to use, and hopefully from there it will all go uphill codewise.

Reaction score
Well.. I can do some voices. Althrough quality might won't be highest possible - My microphone is like for.. well.. 4 dollars, and that's not much :).

I can also help out with the plot, if needed (If i know the main plot, i can infinite ammoutns of minro ideas :) )

Reaction score
Well.. I can do some voices. Althrough quality might won't be highest possible - My microphone is like for.. well.. 4 dollars, and that's not much :).

I can also help out with the plot, if needed (If I know the main plot, I can think of infinite ammounts of ideas :) )

G

guitarplay

ok if you want to help with the plot, the thing we need done the most would be thinking of all the creeps and stuff like that.

K

Kadgar

a. whats the setting?

b. do creeps have spells?

c. Game maker is a spimle program but it is effecrive for small games. or u can use rpg maker, i will test that program in 2 days.

Reaction score
You mean the infamous RM2K?
The one that carries 320x200 Resolution?
The one that ahs Final fantasy 1 like combat system?

I suggest using the free Genesis 3D Engine.

G

guitarplay

creeps are creeps.

There should be not to many

bandits (maby 2-3 levels plus bandit leader)

some animals, like lion, or tiger or something that attack you sometimes in wild

demon spawns

living dead/ skeletons

possessed

evil sorcerors.

dont make more than like 15, those are just ideas. They can cast spells depending on who they are, shoot bows, use swords, some magic.

yeah about game engines. I got allegro working with dev-C++ but im not sure of all its capibilites with 3d. It seems preety 2 dimensional.

I got the free trial of 3D game studio and it seems like it would work but its not free.

im also looking at crystal space 3D but i cant figure out how to do anyhting at all with it. If you find one that works please tell me.

R

RobustChum

Almost no one has gon to the forums i hope we didnt lose people...guitarplayer you didnt even register. We need to be centered here if not its all going to turn into a big mess, i think we should start with some simple stuff though for the game like take it step by step becuase we are not pros and this might not even happen. Lets just make some models first then lets get them into a room with the ability to move and walk around...thats it, if we accomplish that then designing the entire game will be easy. When people make a game they dont just go straight into it they make the sounds and physics and AI and test them in a simple room before they actually start working to that way everything is not a big hassle

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
RobustChum said:
Almost no one has gon to the forums i hope we didnt lose people...guitarplayer you didnt even register. We need to be centered here if not its all going to turn into a big mess, i think we should start with some simple stuff though for the game like take it step by step becuase we are not pros and this might not even happen. Lets just make some models first then lets get them into a room with the ability to move and walk around...thats it, if we accomplish that then designing the entire game will be easy. When people make a game they dont just go straight into it they make the sounds and physics and AI and test them in a simple room before they actually start working to that way everything is not a big hassle

Well I registered in the site :p now everyone else has to!

K

Kadgar

can i make the spell list and discription for some of the creeps? it would be easier than doing plot plz reply.

K

Kadgar

wats up with the forums when i try to login.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this board

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.