Entertainment Godzilla (2014)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Watched it last night.

It was alright. I'll have to see it again to form my final thoughts on it but for now, I'd give Godzilla a good 6.5/10.

The thing is, the cool parts were awesome, but there were not enough cool parts. Scenes with Godzilla or Bryan Cranston were the highlights. Godzilla himself was magnificent, from the CGI to his design to what he does, and anyone seeking to see this goliath fight will be satisfied - when he actually is there. Cranston follows similarly. He was marketed heavily as part of the film, and his performance is great. Unfortunately, his role is quiet small and both he and Godzilla aren't given as much time as they should have had.
The film focuses more on the other human characters, but they don't really draw you in. Though I wouldn't blame the actors really, moreso the material they were given and their situation. I wouldn't say the characters were terrible as a lot of people are criticizing now, as to how they don't really do anything or contribute to the plot, but my defense of the film is summed up nicely by Dr. Serizawa's words in the film: "The arrogance of man is that he thinks nature is in his control and not the other way around." There really isn't much any person could do against natural threats like that, and the film takes a very raw and realistic view of this. It doesn't force some drama or characters to somehow save the day necessarily, but just spectates what happens.
Overall, it's okay. Not bad at all, and if you are a fan of Godzilla, I think this remake does monster films justice. The action, while sparse, is spectacular and in a way worth it just for when you see Godzilla wreaking havoc around the world. Other parts unfortunately fall a bit flatter.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
So what, Walter's meth turned an ordinary lizard into a giant beast?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Not in this one actually ha. They take a different approach to the monsters this time. And Walter's barely in it unfortunately.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.