Modelpack Good Medival Attachment Collection

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello,

As this site has done so much to help me, I feel like I have to give some back.
So here is my Attachment Collection including Armor Attachments, Weapon Attachments, Shield Attachments, Helm Attachments and Random Attachments.

Each attachment has a size of 10 KB or less (excluding the map with Attachments with a little bit larger size, those attachments are about the size of 11 KB to 20 KB).

This collection also includes KC's great model of a villager which is very useful when using this kind of attachments.

Useful attachment knowledge:
Code:
List of all attachment points:
Attachment Point Names:
overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest (also good for wings)
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (for heroes)
sprite (for buildings)
medium (for buildings)
large (for buildings)

Attachment Point Modifiers:
left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)

Link to a good attachment tutorial:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/attachments.php

Note that
I do NOT take credit for any model in this pack.

I added an map with all the attachments, so it's just to export the import data from that map to your map :)
Good luck & have fun!

Download link:
http://www.2shared.com/file/3745160/92c38e41/Medieval_Attachments_Collection_by_Leazy.html

Leazy

Reaction score
If you tell me that this won't be helpful for other people, then please. Take your head out of your ass. I did you guys a favor and you complain, jeez.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
If you tell me that this won't be helpful for other people, then please. Take your head out of your ass. I did you guys a favor and you complain, jeez.

Trying to help is all well and good, but there was another resource compilation before that was both graveyarded and locked, so what's stopping the mods doing the same with this?

At any rate, you should credit the authors of all the material within the first post

(Perhaps there should be an addition to the submission rules regarding the submission of other people's work)

Leazy

Reaction score
If you want to, delete it. I don't mind since I got all of those models myself. All I wanted was to share this, and yes I could credit everyone but then I would have to look up all of the creators which would take many hours, if someone wants to look up each creator be my guest.

THE_X

Reaction score
If you want to, delete it. I don't mind since I got all of those models myself. All I wanted was to share this, and yes I could credit everyone but then I would have to look up all of the creators which would take many hours, if someone wants to look up each creator be my guest.

the work is something you SHOULD do, they made this stuff, and you should really get there permission to use it in this, maby they dont anyone else but them subimitting it, and credit is the lest you can give to them, after all they put much much more time in making these

Leazy

Reaction score
Fine, then remove this submission because I am not spending atleast a hour in finding all the creators names. You don't like this, okay delete it.

//Watch your language

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
There are so many cases of this nowadays. Allow me to explain:
Leazy, I understand that you were trying to do a good thing for The Helper by submitting these resources. However, that does not excuse the fact that you submitted resources which aren't yours; which is against the rules. No matter how many times you say that you did this to help people, you're still breaking the rules.

Leazy

Reaction score
If I'm breaking the rules, then remove this. I meant nothing but good, it is not much of a case. I break the rules - remove this.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
However, that does not excuse the fact that you submitted resources which aren't yours; which is against the rules. No matter how many times you say that you did this to help people, you're still breaking the rules.

I couldn't find that rule, link please?

- Models and Textures -

Rules
All files must be stored as a .zip or .rar.
All submissions must have a short 'Read Me' with import-info for each file in the .zip or .rar (this includes any required paths).
Specifically for icons: BTN and DISBTN are required (others are optional). They must be in the same .zip or .rar.
Your submission must contain a preview of the texture/model (for icons, BTN is required, DISBTN is optional).

Still, it is dumb for everyone to bite your head off when its the mods job.

You should be able to upload other peoples stuff if you give credit and they have told anyone not too. (And you followed the other rules)

Rules like Autorefresher and stealthbot being "banned topics" are retarded when we support all sorts of other 3rd party programs; such as these I guess they're for mapping wich makes them "okay" some how.

Just forget about it, and try not to get to annoyed.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
If I'm breaking the rules, then remove this. I meant nothing but good, it is not much of a case. I break the rules - remove this.

The only particular rule (from what I can see in the Submission Rules) that you're breaking is the lack of screenshots :p

Personally, I see nothing wrong with the submission, as long as the authors are credited or (more preferably) you have their permission to submit them, but it'd be far too difficult to get a hold of all the authors (maybe even impossible), so just try and credit them for their particular work?

Reaction score
Rules like Autorefresher and stealthbot being "banned topics" are retarded when we support all sorts of other 3rd party programs; such as these I guess they're for mapping wich makes them "okay" some how.

I believe "when we support" should read "when Thehelper.Net supports."

Rules are here not just to make some people (i.e.: staff) "look cooler"/"have more power"/<you name it> against other people. Rules are here to make everything easier for everyone.

I believe there is quite a difference between "Autorefresher and stealthbot" and the ones in the Useful tools index.

Useful Tools only help you in mapmaking, making your work easier and faster also letting you fix your mistakes faster. These 3rd programs are meant for World Editor, and I believe the Terms of Agreement that shows up on that flash screen when you start WE doesn't prevent you from editing some of the files that would somehow alter the way your maps works (i.e. changing models) nor do most of those programs have a direct impact on the gameplay itself (WEU for example, removes all those limits, but for what price of the map size!)

Autorefresher and Stealthbot, however, are 3rd party add-ons for the game itself, even more - the multiplayer version.
I firmly believe Blizzard does not support any 3rd party add-ons to the game, and neither does Thehelper.Net

Cal1991

Reaction score
I firmly believe Blizzard does not support any 3rd party add-ons to the game, and neither does Thehelper.Net
Firm belief is good. I'm a man of faith myself.

--

I think the main point Evan was trying to make with his first post is that some rules can seem illogical. EVEN IF they are there for good reason. And if you break one unknowingly, it is better to just apologize and forget the whole thing than to protest your innocence.

Myself, I firmly believe that a lot of subjects like this could be argued ethier way. You can disect the blizzard liscence agreement and argue from dawn till dusk about the meaning of it, but what it comes right down to is:
This is TheHelper.net - TheHelper.net makes the rules - If you don't like it, too bad.
So it's best to just not argue if you don't really have a say in the matter, imo.

All that said... I really can't understand why autorefresh is frowned upon.
It is in no way, shape or form a cheat. Does nothing harmful. And if you have to spend 10 mins manually refreshing your map to get full house every time you host it...

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I believe there is quite a difference between "Autorefresher and stealthbot" and the ones in the Useful tools index.

Useful Tools only help you in mapmaking, making your work easier and faster also letting you fix your mistakes faster. These 3rd programs are meant for World Editor, and I believe the Terms of Agreement that shows up on that flash screen when you start WE doesn't prevent you from editing some of the files that would somehow alter the way your maps works (i.e. changing models) nor do most of those programs have a direct impact on the gameplay itself (WEU for example, removes all those limits, but for what price of the map size!)

Are you saying its "OK" to make WE "hacks" but not other useful tools?

Code:
A. Subject to the Grant of License hereinabove, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, sublicense, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, create a source code equivalent, create derivative works based on the Program, or remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Program, or allow others to do so, without the prior consent, in writing, of Blizzard.

Autorefresher and Stealthbot, however, are 3rd party add-ons for the game itself, even more - the multiplayer version.
Blizzard doesn't support ANY 3rd party tool for the worldeditor or warcaft III itself.

Theres nothing wrong with stealthbot or autorefresh other then they break the license agreement, just like all these WE "hacks".

They don't alter the game-play at all.

But, that wasn't really my point, was that Leazy broke one small rule (lack of screenshots) and was getting annoyed at everyone. I was just making the connction between the rules, and how not everyone follows them nor do they make very much sense. (not all rules, just a few).

I wasn't saying we should support stealthbot, (even though I've seen mods helping people with them before) but that people always like to attack other people when they break some random, and in this case nonexistent rule.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I couldn't find that rule, link please?
Still, it is dumb for everyone to bite your head off when its the mods job.

You should be able to upload other peoples stuff if you give credit and they have told anyone not too. (And you followed the other rules)

Supported 3rd Party Programs, etc.

AceHart said:
NO:

- Razor's release
- Banlist
- Maphacks
- Name spoofers
- No-CD cracks
- Serial generator
- Getting keys out of the game
- DotA rulez
- DotA blowz
- Cracks or hacks for any other games or programs
- Autorefreshers
- Memory scanners
- Map Deprotection

YES:

- Wc3 Map Optimizer
- NewGen
- WEU
- Hamachi
- Most Other Stuff (Still don't know? Ask first.)

I don't know about Blizzard, but this is what we go by...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.