Graphic-izing a drawn map

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
So. I have this map. That I drew. I need [or rather, want] someone to use their graphic prowess [as if any of you have any :rolleyes: Kidding] to make it look like a "real map". You know, like an old map drawn on a scroll type thing? Tan parchment color, ink, frayed and whatnot. I can detail everything from forests and mountains and rivers, but I just need to know I can depend on someone to actually do this for me.

It's not "for" anything, but I want it done.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
So. I have this map. That I drew. I need [or rather, want] someone to use their graphic prowess [as if any of you have any :rolleyes: Kidding] to make it look like a "real map". You know, like an old map drawn on a scroll type thing? Tan parchment color, ink, frayed and whatnot. I can detail everything from forests and mountains and rivers, but I just need to know I can depend on someone to actually do this for me.

It's not "for" anything, but I want it done.

I know a way of heating paper to make it look aged, and then scan it to the computer: would you have any kind of issue with that?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Because old maps that are kept for long are usually to an important/secret location. Thus some evil guy tries to take it, but someone else tries to destroy it (Burning it). Plus, it adds a dramatic effect :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I dont know about you but in Canada it is a law that once a peice of paper/parchment/etc... reaches 25 year old you must burn parts of it, else you face upwards of 10-15 years of jail time.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
How much detail would be required? Do I have to make it look like a map was painted or drawn in ink? Or do I just have to sketch out the regions, mountain/forest areas, rivers and such?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.