Health 'Greatest gift' as girl, born with 'no blood', starts school

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
A little girl who was born with no blood in her body has started school, four years after making a miraculous recovery.

Maisy Vignes's entire blood supply was absorbed by her mother, Emma Vignes, 31, during pregnancy. But she survived, much to the bafflement of medics, who said it was "unheard of".
t was feared that Maisy, born six weeks premature in December 2009, would be left brain damaged after being starved of oxygen in the womb.

After two weeks in intensive care, during which she received three blood transfusions, she met all developmental milestones and is now, aged four, impressing teachers at school
Mrs Vignes, a former hotel receptionist, said: "It was an unbelievable situation - none of the consultants had ever heard of something like it happening before.

"There were previous cases of children being born with tiny amounts of blood, but Maisy had a haemoglobin level of a flat zero.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Not having hemoglobin is not the same as not having blood.

FireCat

Reaction score
Hemoglobin is the part of the "red blood cell that carries oxygen from your lungs" to the rest of your body.
Well, without enough of it, your body can't get enough oxygen. Hmm I guess It's pretty serious.

Varine

Reaction score
I know what it is. I'm just saying anemia != no blood.

FireCat

Reaction score
Maybe "Not everyone knows what a "Hemoglobin" is. Just saying.

Varine

Reaction score
I don't think it will leave a lasting impression.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.