Gridlock TD Elements - Recreation

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Okay, I tried it out for a while(although I lost in like wave 5 or something because I thought my runner would go another way so I stopped watching it for a while.

I have a couple suggestions. You should start out the game by pinging where they enemy is going to appear. I had a hard time understanding where the creeps would come from and if I would lose a life or something if they reached the middle. Those things are easily understandable when you're done with the first wave, but I'd prefer to get that information immediately.
I'll work on that :) Maybe make a toggle able tutorial.
I also think you should increase the time before the first wave spawns. There's a lot of information in f12 as well as tower descriptions to read through. I got so stressed out so I made 3 detector towers in the first wave which made me panic when I realized that they weren't doing any damage.
Hmm, you might be right. I might increase the time, and make it skipable if all players click skip.

Finally, I'd like to mention a small detail. I would prefer if you don't remove the runner between rounds. It should be okay if you just hide it. The reason for this is so that it stays in a control group. Having to re-bind the runner each wave was slightly irritating.
Oh, okay - I guess I'll work on that :) I set the Runner to F3 (I think) for that reason, but I'll look into this :)

Other than that, I felt like it was a nice game and it seemed pretty polished for a beta version. I only tried it out in single player but it felt like it could certainly be a fun game to play with other people.
Thanks for the feedback :)
I played it yesterday with a bunch of people, actually pretty fun, but a little easy, thus the update today :)

NOTE: WOW my map got on 4th place (17th in all games:eek: ) of most played TD... It's in betao_O Dafuq..

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I've been asked by quite a few people to take up this project again. While I wont do that just now (As I got a another project running and I find it very borring to work on :rolleyes:) I will most likely upload a version with some of the highly suggested features;
Shared Income
Tutorials

And there might be a new race in the future, but not in the next patch.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.