Halo 3 Beta - impressions...

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
(Copied and pasted this from another Forum which I posted this on, so that's why it may sound a little weird)...

I was looking to so forward to this Beta (downloaded all Trailers/Gameplay Trailers, podcasts etc), but it is no way near as good as I expected it to be. I loved Halo and Halo 2, have beat them both on Legendary and played a lot of Halo 1 on PC and lots of Halo 2 with friends (System Link. Have not played Halo 2 Online much with other 360 games around to play).

Then there's the GoW, Halo 3 debate. I acknowledge the differences between Gears of War and Halo, but where I found Gears of War extremely fun when I first played it (and still do after playing it quite vigorously) unfortunately I do not with Halo 3. The one thing that annoys the hell out of me in this game is that once you get shot at, you're for the most part... dead. It's nigh impossible to retreat, or find a safe place with cover to have another go before getting rolled again. Also, I find the Sniper way to darn easy to kill people with. I also hope we also start with a Human Pistol in the final product along with the Assault Rifle.

While people are crying left right and centre about the graphics but this doesn't bother me much (any gamer that cannot accept game play over graphics shouldn't be playing games). Another thing I hated about Halo Xbox Live is Matchmaking! A games list is just so much better in my opinion (like Halo 1 does on PC/Mac) but, also allow people to be able put restrictions on their games and filters for Halo Score (so newbies don't get owned by the bored veterans ). As an Oceanic gamer it sucks so much always getting stuck in American games, too much lag (although it is a lot better than some other games playing on American servers, GoW especially), as a bare minimum I think they should at least put in filters with Matchmaking (so I can get games in my region and only games of a certain Map/Gameset etc). Matchmaking takes way too long as well in my opinion (I shouldn't have to wait 2-3 minutes to get into a game, i'm sure this will speed up in the final product, but it's still very annoying).

Have I enjoyed the Beta? Not as much as I hoped... in particular the game that my team lost 49-50 (sadly) was great fun, and have had a couple of other very fun games, but most are only mildly entertaining (in my opinion every game should be more than mildly entertaining), some (more than usual with other games) a drag to play.

But there are the positives! Mongoose (ATV) is great, maps are laid out very nicely (although could be a little more detailed), the game sounds great, looks could be better but are pretty good for the most part, andit was interesting to hear the updated main score (still got the depressing tune to go with it =D), weapons are (for the most part, with a couple of exceptions) mostly balanced.

I'm looking very forward to Single Player and the final product... but, for now, the Beta has not met my expectations.

I hope the final product will fix some of these gripes, keep up the good work Bungie!

P.S: Please let us run a little faster... or maybe have a sprint/stamina meter or something, like in Call of Duty 3!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.