Help Me Ples

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Hello I have been making a map for some time now its called FoD. ok so heres the help i need. This game is kinda based off of dota. With the towers and all that stuff. But i wanted some one to help me get a trig in which the tower gets killed it createds a destroyed tower. When you go up to the tower u can buy back for the tower to rebuild. ok got it so far.... So a tower that was destroyed creates a destoryed tower. Which u can go by and buy back the tower and put it back in its spot. But im having a problem. when i create the second tower and it gets destoryed it wont recreate a destoryed tower due to the trig had only work for the first one. Can some one ples help me. I will rep and give u credit in map for it. Thanks Ples responded im relasing a new version tonight and would like to have that in there. If u would like to see that map it will be hosted tonight on wc3 east at 7 or 8 or 9 eastern time. whisper me if u want to play it. My sn is Chaz32621

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Exactly NOT specific unit event...
Generic - a unit dies, unit type = blah-blah tower
Replace it with whatever.

Chaz32621

Reaction score
ok thanks thet may work. But it may not bec i have 4 of the same towers in difernt spots. and im trying to make one destoryed tower in that one spot.

No that dint Work Got any more idears

M

Mythic Fr0st

First, make your "destroyed" tower invulnerable (in the object editor) then make a "dummy" ability called "Your_Name" (this is the ability you will click to buy that tower back

Code:
Event
   - A unit dies
Conditions unit type of dying unit equal to "tower"
Actions
   - set Loc = position of dying unit
   - Create 1 Destroyed Tower at Loc for owner of dying unit facing Facing of dying unit
   - call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
((//A custom script action found in the action type "General"

Code:
Event
   - A unit begins casting an ability
Conditions ability being cast equal to Your_Name
Actions
   - set Loc = position of triggering unit
   - Create 1 Your_Tower at Loc for owner of triggering unit
   - call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
   - Remove triggering unit from the game

Chaz32621

Reaction score
Events
Unit - A unit Dies
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Elf Defender Level one defence for Chosen ones
Actions
Set Loc = (Position of (Dying unit))
Unit - Create 1 Destoryed Tower Light for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at Loc facing (Position of (Dying unit))
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)

The tower is not coming in the place where it died its not there at all

M

Mythic Fr0st

add the message

Code:
Game - Display to all players the text "Is this condition passing?"

Oh, and btw

Use code tags its the little # next to quote tags...

it makes easier to read, if you see the message, tell me, if you dont, tell me

M

Mythic Fr0st

Probably wont do anything but try

Code:
Unit - Create 1 Destoryed Tower Light for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at Loc facing (Position of (Dying unit))

to

Code:
Unit - Create 1 Destoryed Tower Light for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at Loc facing (Facing of (Dying Unit))

Chaz32621

Reaction score
ok this is wired i put the new created unit as the same one that was destoryed it worked i went back in and changed it to destoryed tower test it and it dint work. it only worked when i had the same tower that got destoryed....

Chaz32621

Reaction score
do u think that it may be bec the night elf is rooted and the human(destoryed tower isnt)?

Chaz32621

Reaction score
wow thats gay it worked lol. Ok so lets say i did that stuff. Now i have to let it up grade but the thing is is the units that are destoryed towers are controlled by red and u cant be red. how can i get them upgraded. i was thinking something where they are units u can by and when u buy that unit it rebuilds to that tower. How would i trig that?
BTW i have rep u and i will give u cridits in map wat is ur wc3 sn Thanks.

M

Mythic Fr0st

wat is ur wc3 sn Thanks.

I have none, but call me Mythic Fr0st (Aka Fr0zenLord) and just mention I dont play wc3 anymore... EVER lol

Question

So the normal tower is controlled by say "Brown"? or a computer player, then when it gets destroyed, it is replaced by player 1 red's destroyed tower, which ANYONE can buy back? to a normal tower?

Chaz32621

Reaction score
its like this the tower is controlled by player red. it gets destoryed and creates a Destored tower still controlled by player red. Now im trying to figure a way where i can buy back to another tower(remove destored tower and put bought tower) But player red canont be controlled so u would be useing say blue. Blue goes by it and buys for a fix to say the first leave tower. how can i trig that?

Red is controlled by a computer

M

Mythic Fr0st

I'll reply later, I g2g sorry

but you could trigger it, so they "select" the tower and if they're within 300 range, it opens dialog to ask if they want to buy it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.