Help Needed. Logic or debug

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
So i am working on a trian game.

The train finds its next spot to go by this.

Try
first: users up/left ,up ,or up/right (from the way the train is faceing)
So the user has 3 buttons (So if you faceing down...its checks down ,down left, down right
he can press.

2ed: current direction
Try to go current Direction

third: Try up/left and up/right of current direction

4th:Not done yet. if none found turn around and go back way you came.

How to know if theres a path
---------------------------
So i was going to do all of this on a grid system. all in varibles where its at where its going with math.
But a freind said try haveing it work with grass (tile) so you dont have to input what is a track or not.

Well This seemed to work...i just check a full tile ahead or a full tile left or right (plus ahead) and go to the center of that tile.
But its Just not working! Its like it mostly works yet it not work...So most likey there is a error in my code...but if there is a error in my logic...

So i am willing to share the code with anyone intersted. its decently cleaned up.
I might have explain better how this works under peoples games the forum called battle trains...
I just need a new aproch or someone to check out my triggers. or i dont know...spent last 3 hours trying to see where i am going wrong
-------------------------------------------

Edited:

I Found it! no my old fomula (x/128) + 64 wasnt good enoufe. But now with (((x-64)/128)*128)+128
Cant belive it was that painful...i was about to kill anyone i could find. but no. I AM THE MASTER!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.