Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_X

Reaction score
Elumork

theres problems with your frost arrows if they get casted twice before its done casting then every time after that it messes

Nexor

Reaction score
I would like to participate in the contest.

Hero Name: Wenreth the Cold
Class: Chilling Champion
Model: Kael
Main Attribute: Intelligence
Skills:
1.:[active] blows enemies away from you, damaging them and after the blow effect they will be slowed and silenced for 3 seconds.
2.:[passive] gives a chance on attack to summon an orb of frost which will grant you bonus damage. When 3 orbs are stored, you can release them by ordering Wenreth with an Attack order (attacktarget or attackground) to unleash the orbs in an AoE. The unleashed circle will deal damage and slow enemies for 10 seconds.
3.:[passive] gives a chance when attacked to use the power of the polar lights to confuse enemies. Melee attackers have got a chance to become Faerie Fire and ranged attackers to become Curse for 8 seconds.
4.:[active] (ultimate) Releases two moving glaciers in front of you which will freeze enemies that are near them. freeze makes them unable to move and they will receive damage.

Sorry for bad english, if u find some grammatical failure, please tell me, I will improve it.

View attachment Chilling Champion.w3x

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Might I request an entry under the name
Hero: Glacial Apparition
Name: Essrisayth Frostbane

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
I have updated my hero. :)
I'm hoping this will be the final version.
I removed the old version from my other post, and attached the new version here.

you know that you can really easy abuse your hero?^^
just push stop vrey often while he tries to attack an enemy (that owns him for sure)

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
I have almost finished my hero, so ill post it here, since i might dont have any time to do it next week.

Name: Ice Panda
Class: Meele + Caster

hope you like it, please inform me about any bugs you find^^

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Zurtrogx, it's not yet too late to sign up, knight7770 needs the Hero Name (eg. Thrall) and Hero Class (eg. Far Seer) for your hero before you can sign up or just upload it and indicate the name and class.

Hey Nexor, my hero is also using Kael model but anyways spells and effects are totally different. I wish I had my Wc3 back to test out your heroes guys.

For me, well my laptop is still pending and a new harddisk is needed. And I only know for now that I've got a week to do. I'm trying to install Wc3 on another comp but there are errors I hope are fixed tomorrow. If I can't get it right, I'll just borrow the WE of another internet cafe and copy the triggers I've written on paper in case tomorrow's troubleshooting is utterly useless. It's a f***in race against time, really.:banghead:

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Exide, I did see that the 'deadline' for the contest is on the 30th of April, I just didn't know if there was a deadline for signup.

Anyway, this is what I've thought of so far:

Hero Name: Galactical
Hero Class: Gelid Belligerent

Galactical the Gelid Belligerent

Yeah!
Sounds awsome already!

Nexor

Reaction score
jonadrain, If u wish I could post for you a video using my hero's skills :)
or write detailed what my skills are doing

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
write detailed what my skills are doing

If you like, then that would be cool! Thx..

I'm currently writing the GUI triggers for my spells in a sheet of paper, no wonder only a few GUI'ers can do that.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Nexor - Your hero's abilities are also cool. I'll test the your map and the other maps in an i-cafe where I'll also make the triggers from my paper maybe 3-1 days b4 the deadline.

Zurtrogx - For you and all those vying to join this contest, the deadline for signups is the same as the deadline for the entries.

Here is an unofficial summary of all my spells for my icy buddy Gelos, the Ice Sorceror. (hey I didn't upload entry yet, but I'll give you some basic info about my spells and see If i can make it to the deadline.)

1) Orb of Shiva (active and completed triggers)
Sends an orb of chilling ice at a target point, damaging and slowing down units in the area. Once the orb hits the ground, an iceberg will erupt at the target point. Any enemy unit imprisoned within the iceberg will be frozen and will take minor damage over time until the iceberg thaws. Any enemy close to the iceberg will also be slowed down and take damage because of it's cold atmosphere. However, when Gelos and other friendly units get close to the iceberg, they receive additional attack damage.

2) Summon Arashe (active and completed triggers)
Summons Arashe, an Icecrown scorpion tamed by Gelos. At level 1 he has Burrow, at level 2 he has Burrow and Frostbite, at level 3 he has Burrow, Frostbite and Ice Prison.

3) Frost Fury (passive)
The mother of all passive skills. Gives a 5% chance (level 1), 8% chance (lvl2) or 12% chance (level 3) for Gelos to shoot an ice bolt similar to his normal attacks, but when this bolt hits an enemy unit it will be frozen for a period of time. When he does this Frost Fury is activated. This passive skill requires Gelos to have at least 100 mana before activating. While activated, it gives a significant bonus to the effects of Gelos' spells, and Frost Fury will not re-activate unless the current effect/buff of Frost Fury is deactivated.

• Level 1 - Increased damage and slow duration for Orb of Shiva and Arashe will have increased movement speed when summoned.
  • Level 2 - Further increased damage and slow duration for Orb of Shiva and Arashe will have further increased movement speed and increased hit points when summoned.
  • Level 3 - Further increased damage and slow duration for Orb of Shiva and Eruption will have increased damage and iceberg duration. Arashe will have further increased movement speed, further increased hit points and Magic Immunity when summoned.

4) Eruption (Ultimate, Active)
This spell is sorta like Impale but no flinging or stunning of units. 5 icebergs will violently erupt in front of Gelos. When each iceberg erupts, bolts of ice will be hurled from the iceberg, and any enemy unit within the iceberg will be frozen for a period of time. Any enemy unit not within the iceberg but still close enough to be within the AoE will be damaged and slowed down. Like Orb of Shiva, when enemies get close to each iceberg, they'll be damaged over time and slowed down, as friendly units gain additional attack damage. The icebergs last 12 seconds.

Hey guys how's my spell look like? Don't forget to follow the thread rules plz.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
what does this mean

All systems are allowed

what GUI systems are there that help you make spells?, that do not use JASS...

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
^Don't spam the thread...
Flare made a damage detection system that detects spells and physical damage. I guess something like that.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I will try to make them, I mean my spells and hero of course.

All GUI systems are allowed. Only few systems are GUI-coded it's simply better to stick to your spells alone and ignore the usage of systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.