Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
The beta version of my hero is done.
If I need to change anything later, I will (that's why this is the beta version.) But for now it's done! :p

Hero:
Zhang Feng
Class:
Warmonk
Abilities:
Freezing Hand, Focus, Cloud Walk and Summon Yeti.

-Map attached.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
As it was said in the rules the map should be easy tested with respawning creeps and a way to level up your hero. None of this is in your map so it's quite hard to really test your skills.

mastah_

Reaction score
If I need to change anything later, I will (that's why this is the beta version.) But for now it's done! :p

Hero:
Zhang Feng
Class:
Warmonk
Abilities:
Burning Hand, Focus, Cloud Walk and Summon Yeti.

-Map attached.

first 3 aren't very Ice theme-ish are they?

Please submit your hero as a level 1 hero. The hero should be in a map with sufficient creeps, a respawn trigger, and a level-up trigger. The hero should also be able to learn and use each of its spells without any modifications to the map in which the hero was submitted. Please make sure that all necessary triggers and new objects (in the object editor) are present upon submission.

level up trigger? as in -level = +1 lvl? every time its used?

what does the bolded part maen

MoonSlinger

I Love using Cheap Tricks... only Results matters
Reaction score
Think I will join, if I can make time to create a good hero:

Name: Booch
Model: Tinker

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Dude, my name is not yet listed in the entry list, or is it just my imagination...

Anyways I'm creating the spells 4 my Frost Elemental..

Basic Abilities:
Chain of Frost, Chilling Armor, Frostbite

Nothing for ultimate yet...

The darn particle emitters of the Firelord model are getting in the way, so I decided to mask it with some Frostwyrm missile attachments!!

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
New Question:
Does the er...appearance of the tooltips have to be in the same format as normal warcraft games?

For example, can we use colours in the tooltip to highlight important parts or must we just live with plain text as is done in normal Blizzard tooltips?

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
first 3 aren't very Ice theme-ish are they?
Please submit your hero as a level 1 hero. The hero should be in a map with sufficient creeps, a respawn trigger, and a level-up trigger. The hero should also be able to learn and use each of its spells without any modifications to the map in which the hero was submitted. Please make sure that all necessary triggers and new objects (in the object editor) are present upon submission.

what does the bolded part maen
Eeeh... Read what you just quoted?
>The hero should be in a map with sufficient creeps, a respawn trigger, and a level-up trigger.
Edit: Removed the map to work with it some more.
Edit: Ok, no real change at all really so for those of you who allready has tried it, it's nothing new. I just removed some unnecessary actions that didn't want to work and also I made the level up into a command instead of an ability.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Ok I have a question which I totally forgot about. Are you allowed to use the custom script "set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true"? Because it's not really any "call RemoveLocation" or "call DestroyGroup".

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I guess it's allowed, since it does remove Unit Group leaks.

> The darn particle emitters of the Firelord model are getting in the way, so I decided to mask it with some Frostwyrm missile attachments!!

Imports are not allowed, if I remember correctly.

This contest is a bit sloppy, though :p
If I have a good idea, I'll join.
Otherwise, I'll just watch.

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
I would like to join this contest.

Name: Skadi
Race: Ice Demon

Model: Maiden of Pain

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
@Larcenist: I can't see why bj_wantDestroyGroup shouldn't be allowed, it destroys UG's so that make it leak removal IMO. You'll need 100% certain confirmation from Knight though.

@darkRae: I think he means the normal Firelord model (which has swirly fire around his base), as opposed to an imported Firelord

@Ziggy: Well, I (personally) won't be judging tooltips based on how close they are to standard WC3 ones (unless Knight says that's necessary). If it's readable, gives a clear indication of what the spell does, and the relevant stats for the level (damage, duration and such), it'd be fine by me. Again, you'll have to wait for Knight to confirm this.

EDIT: Since spamming the thread with more messages will get it closed.

@darkRae: I think he meant 'mask' in the sense of hiding/covering it up i.e. put a mask on your face to cover it up, or in this case, put some snowy effects on the Firelord's @$$ to cover it up ^^

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Some Replies

New Question:
Does the er...appearance of the tooltips have to be in the same format as normal warcraft games?
For example, can we use colours in the tooltip to highlight important parts or must we just live with plain text as is done in normal Blizzard tooltips?
@Ziggy: Well, I (personally) won't be judging tooltips based on how close they are to standard WC3 ones (unless Knight says that's necessary). If it's readable, gives a clear indication of what the spell does, and the relevant stats for the level (damage, duration and such), it'd be fine by me. Again, you'll have to wait for Knight to confirm this.
It is not necessary, but it will add to your score if you make your ability tool-tips as Blizzard-like as possible. This means that you should include a description of what the spell is (and does), and a description of what changes for each level of the ability. You will not lose points if your tool-tips do not exactly match the format of Blizzard's tool-tips, but Blizzard's tool-tips are easily understandable and easily readable. Basically, I want a tool-tip with what the spell does, how it changes when it levels up, and anything else that you think will enhance the tool-tip without making it cluttered. Contact me via PM if you do not understand what this means.
If I need to change anything later, I will (that's why this is the beta version.) But for now it's done!
Hero:
Zhang Feng
Class:
Warmonk
Abilities:
Burning Hand, Focus, Cloud Walk and Summon Yeti.
-Map attached.
Exide, two things:
1) You are added to the list of contestants
2) Re-submit your hero according to these qualifications, or else you will be disqualified:
How to Submit your Hero
Exactly. (Kazuga, try not to use an ability for a level-up ;))
The hero should also be able to learn and use each of its spells without any modifications to the map in which the hero was submitted.
I want to be able to open the map, press Ctrl+F9 (test map), and be able to use your hero. I don't want to have to do any sort of additions to the Object Editor, or anything of the sort.
Dude, my name is not yet listed in the entry list, or is it just my imagination...
Anyways I'm creating the spells 4 my Frost Elemental..
Basic Abilities:
Chain of Frost, Chilling Armor, Frostbite
Nothing for ultimate yet...
The darn particle emitters of the Firelord model are getting in the way, so I decided to mask it with some Frostwyrm missile attachments!!
I didn't see your submission post. Tell me your hero's name and class, and I'll add you.
Ok I have a question which I totally forgot about. Are you allowed to use the custom script "set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true"? Because it's not really any "call RemoveLocation" or "call DestroyGroup".
I read a thread about set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true, and I found out that it does not always remove leaks. If you do use it, though, you will not lose entire credit from me in the leak-less portion, but you might lose 1 or 2 points (depending on how many times it occurs). In short, you can use it, but you might lose a few points from me (not necessarily other judges).
Does masking not involve exporting and importing?
Not necessarily.

Good luck to all contestants :D

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
•Internal Balance (Spells) (Is one (or more) of your hero’s spells obviously better than another? Not including the ultimate.): 25 points total
•Spell 1 Balance: 5 points
Spell 2 Balance: 5 points
Spell 3 Balance: 5 points
Ultimate Spell Balance: 10 points

•External Balance (Spells) (Is one (or more) of your hero’s spells obviously better than other heroes’ spells? Not including the ultimate.): 25 points total
•Spell 1 Balance: 5 points
Spell 2 Balance: 5 points
Spell 3 Balance: 5 points
Ultimate Spell Balance: 10 points

edit*
ok it helped, but i didnt wana post a new post since you wana keep it going,
but uh, arent some spells supposed to be better then others? or do they have to be equal
like bladestorm is lot better then mass teleport lol

whats the different between those two? theyre like the same?

and can you correct my heros info:p
name: Frostbane
class or w.e : Ice Avatar
lol

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
the difference would be

internal: "wait, why is my first spell so much stronger than any of my hero's other spells?"

external: "wait, why is my first spell so much stronger than any of another hero's spells?"

does that explain the difference? (can you edit your prev post if i didnt explain it well instead of creating a new one, so we can keep spam to a minimum)

@grymlax: oh god no, not more irrelevant comments. Fun and all as the tooltip may be, comments such as that are gonna get this thread closed :(

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Okay so I'm done with the beta version, though I will be editing it when more people start to get finished due to the balance with other Heroes thingie. I might also redo the ultimate since it's boring as hell imo. Though I personally LOVE the Decoy ability.

Edit: I never took the opportunity to remake the hero since studying for final exams took up my whole time. It's the same old boring one. Good luck everyone who entered the contest.

Attachments

• Ice Hero Contest Submission by Larcenist v1.1b.w3x
    47 KB · Views: 502

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
Holy crap I'm in , was absent from here a bit. Isn't 30th of april a tad long? I'll need a good week tho.

foodflare

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Im in and i think hero is done
might edit later

here is map:

Attachments

• Frost Knight.w3x
    19.9 KB · Views: 493

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Im in and i think hero is done
might edit later

here is map:

Eeeh... Ok, sure the spells doesn't have to be triggerd but they are mostly alot better if they are. And you only have one triggerd spell wich leaks with everything it can leak... He's ultimate spell is also not a custom spell but remade from the original starfall, it would be nice if you copy pasted the spell. It's also the excact starfall but with a new model file.. Anyhow good job and good luck in the contest.

>I'd work on it a bit more, but I am not sure if you are allowed to work on submissions once submitted...
Better ask Knight about this.
Why woudn't you be?

Edit:
It doesn't say anything about that your not allowd to edit your hero so I guess you are. Also all previesly submitters are thinking of edit their hero later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.