Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Also you HAVE to change them after submitting them if you want to have a small chance of trying to make them somewhat balanced compared to the other ones in the contest. So not being able to is just dumb.

Edit: @foodflare. Your hero doesn't give me a "Frost Knight-ish" feeling, it's more like any other spellcaster. Also your trigger made my eyes bleed, please fix those leaks (The first line is like 3 leaks?). And change the dummyskill from Shockwave to Carrion swarm, it looks like crap with the terrain deformations.

@Exide. Looks more frost-ish than before. One thing, try changing the message event to "Elapsed Game-Time is 0.1 seconds" or something, the message didn't appear to me the first time so I didn't get anything about where the creeps were etc.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I have updated my hero. :)
I'm hoping this will be the final version.
I removed the old version from my other post, and attached the new version here.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
-Exide

The ultimate for your hero has a bug. The summoned unit gets removed even when you learn spells. Unless you consider learning spell as something which 'disrupts meditation' then it should be alright then :).

Edit:
I might join this contest too. Seems fun. Don't have a hero name yet. It could be a panda though. (still unconfirmed in joining, so please leave my name out at the moment)

It's the first time I've joined any contest. Hope to learn something from here :).

I lack of creativity when it comes to spell making = =.

Edit 2:
Question: Is Local Global technique legal in this contest?

Edit3:
Darkrae: Ah... Thought so too... Hey, join this contest~ Quite a lot of people are joining... Seems fun :).

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
No, I guess, since it uses Custom Script, where in this contest you're only allowed to use Custom Scripts only to clean up leaks.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I might join this contest too. Seems fun. Don't have a hero name yet. It could be a panda though. (still unconfirmed in joining, so please leave my name out at the moment)
It's the first time I've joined any contest. Hope to learn something from here .
I lack of creativity when it comes to spell making = =.
Give me a name and class, and I'll add you.
question: how did floodflare set freezing aura data to negatives?
Please don't spam. Ask a question like that in the forum, not here.
Also you HAVE to change them after submitting them if you want to have a small chance of trying to make them somewhat balanced compared to the other ones in the contest. So not being able to is just dumb.
1) You can edit your heroes after you've submitted them.
2) You are balancing your hero against the heroes that come with WC3, not the ones from the contestants.
Eeeh... Ok, sure the spells doesn't have to be triggerd but they are mostly alot better if they are. And you only have one triggerd spell wich leaks with everything it can leak... He's ultimate spell is also not a custom spell but remade from the original starfall, it would be nice if you copy pasted the spell. It's also the excact starfall but with a new model file.. Anyhow good job and good luck in the contest.
Fine; less points for him.
Holy crap I'm in , was absent from here a bit. Isn't 30th of april a tad long? I'll need a good week tho.
It's time to submit your hero and edit it, too :p

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Updated Hero again. Map attached.

Attachments

• Squishy's Hero Contest Entry.w3x
    66.3 KB · Views: 398

Knight7770

Reaction score
The links to all contestants' (who have submitted their heroes so far) posts have been updated in the official list of contestants. If your name, but not your hero's name, is on the list, it means that I do not know your hero's name or class. Please tell me what those two things are.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
If your name, but not your hero's name, is on the list, it means that I do not know your hero's name or class. Please tell me what those two things are.

Name: Scorchfreeze
Class: Ranged Hero, Intelligence, Frost Elemental

(anyway whats the with the class all about in this contest, is it either melee/ranged hero, str, agility or int hero or the hero's unit name, like Thrall (name) the Far Seer (unit name))

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Ive finished the beta version of my hero. The map is attached. Im so uncreative when it comes to abilities. Oh well, ill just edit him when I can think of some better ideas.:D

I hope you work on your Hero.
This Eruption Spell causes only "some" Units to be picked.
And, once you deal damage, by chance, and cast it anywhere else on the map, the same units will take damage.
Also, you used the leak removal a bit weird, don't use destroy Group inside a Group loop.
Also, because you have Picked Unit Stored in a Unit Variable, it wouldn't be a bad Idea to set that to null, or 'No Unit' at the end of the Trigger.
Use loops in Icy Storm.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Post #100

I got a question: I want to use triggers to add the Locust ability to a unit. However, from what i know, it can only be done using custom script Aloc.

So.... do I get to use it or do I have to use alternative method. :confused:

Custom script is only allowed for leak removal

(Taken from post 4)
ONLY to remove leaks. (question was "What about Custom Script?")

Knight, would you mind adding that (custom script is ONLY for leak removal) to the contest rules, there have been way too many questions about it.

Anyway, can't you add it through Object Editor, or does it have to be temporary?

Larcenist

Reaction score
Locust can be added using Spell Books if I recall correctly.

@Squishy. In your Eruption spell the special effect shows like half a second after the units are damaged, try fixing this.

Knight7770

Reaction score
(anyway whats the with the class all about in this contest, is it either melee/ranged hero, str, agility or int hero or the hero's unit name, like Thrall (name) the Far Seer (unit name))
Class stands for classification.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
when i cast one of my spells for the first time, theres like a small .5 second delay
do we lose points for that? :p

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Okay so I'm done with the beta version, though I will be editing it when more people start to get finished due to the balance with other Heroes thingie. I might also redo the ultimate since it's boring as hell imo. Though I personally LOVE the Decoy ability.

Decoy won't always work.
And the Ultimate isn't Coded too well (It keeps moving from attack to hold, which is pretty annoying)... You could have just made a morph Spell, whilst the new unit doesn't have any attack or move speed, just a bonus regeneration and more armor and magic immunity.

Larcenist

Reaction score
At first it was just supposed to be an entangling roots, but for some reason the dummy unit did not cast it, I'm currently working on a new one anyways. With "decoy wont always work" do you mean that it bugs now or that it wont work in a melee game because it does nothing but constantly ordering each unit to attack it? If it's the second one, I've already thought of that and working on improving it now. As I said it was a beta version, and a good beta doesn't lack bugs imo :D

OMGedDude

Reaction score
I'll join, but cuz i have school and all, I MIGHT not be able to finish... so don't blame me if I show up with nothing,

Hero name= Hielo (might change it, it means ice in Spanish according to google translator :p)
Hero Type= Grim Iceruler (might change that too, I can't think of good names right now)

EDIT: NEVERMIND, im changing my hero type. It's gonna be Grim Icemaker cuz i got an idea

Model file= probably one of the revenant models (frost revenant, ice revenant, etc) but i might change it...

Question (sorry if this was already answered, i just don't feel like wasting 20 minutes to read through 6 pages of comments)
If a spell is a bit laggy, or gets all messed up/laggy when you use it at the map boundaries, do we lose points?
EDIT: ALSO, is there any test map or do we just place our hero in a melee map or one of our maps?

I'm not joining this contest to win though, just for fun since i didn't use the editor for a long time cuz of school... hope my gui skills didn't rust :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.