Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Question (sorry if this was already answered, i just don't feel like wasting 20 minutes to read through 6 pages of comments)
If a spell is a bit laggy, or gets all messed up/laggy when you use it at the map boundaries, do we lose points?
EDIT: ALSO, is there any test map or do we just place our hero in a melee map or one of our maps?

I'm not joining this contest to win though, just for fun since i didn't use the editor for a long time cuz of school... hope my gui skills didn't rust :O
Well if it laggs the quality of the spell isn't great is it? That means you atleast don't recive the highest scores of it.

And also, read this once again please.
Please submit your hero as a level 1 hero. The hero should be in a map with sufficient creeps, a respawn trigger, and a level-up trigger. The hero should also be able to learn and use each of its spells without any modifications to the map in which the hero was submitted. Please make sure that all necessary triggers and new objects (in the object editor) are present upon submission. Also, include your name in the map's name to avoid confusion. I don't want to judge someone's hero and give someone else the grade for it.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I've decided to join the contest.

Hero: Pandaren
Hero name: Ice Panda
I don't really care much about the names. The names are quite lame. :p

Strength: 17 (+1.70)
Agility: 20 (+2.10)
Intelligence: 15 (+1.65)

How to use (for those who are interested):
A farmer hero. First skill (Ice Rush) must always go together with the ultimate (Condense) as combo. Start channeling the ultimate from far distance, when the channelling reached the 10th second, activate Ice Rush. The Cold Armor is used for defense during creeping. Frozen Wave and Cold Armor are good for farming while Ice Rush can also be used to escape pursuing enemy.

Weakness: Low mana pool and moderate HP

Attached Picture (Damn it, it's too big):
attachment.php

Edit: Added picture and some description to make judging easier (no need open map :))

Attachments

• Pandaren (Resized).jpg
    Pandaren (Resized).jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 637
  • Hero Contest - Pandaren by vypur85.w3x
    52.5 KB · Views: 453

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Just tried out the hero vypur. Spells look great ingame and they seem to work as intended, but I believe the skill level setup is supposed to be the same as melee maps (3 levels to a normal, 1 level to an ultimate) since the balance is being compared against melee heroes.

Balance could probably do with a bit of work (standing in the middle of trolls, and level 1 ultimate just kept killing them so easily).

Frozen Wave was nice, seems to work well and it's pretty damn useful. Is repeatable bounce intended though (bounce off same target more than once :p)

Cold Armor worked well, and it looked great. Balance was the only noticeable thing that was missing (I'll give a more thorough look soon for leaks etc).

Ice Rush wasn't too bad, but I can't understand why the Panda needs to take off.

Ultimate looked absolutely awesome (so much swirly-ness), and it seemed to work fine. Again, balance was probably the only big issue here.

Great work though altogether, I'll take a better look soon just incase I overlooked something.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
3 levels to a normal, 1 level to an ultimate
o_O Didn't take note of that. Will change though (But need some time, will leave the attached map as it is until I really compile everything together and re-attach again).

>but I can't understand why the Panda needs to take off.
Most of the spells are made to be eyecandied :p. Even the ultimate condense is eyecandied. Without the effects, the number of triggers can be reduced. (Just added the eyecandy because I assume many people seem to like those, could be an important factor in scores, I think, just think...).

>Is repeatable bounce intended though
It is :). It's meant to be something like Lich ultimate in DotA.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I've decided to join the contest.

Hero: Pandaren
Hero name: Ice Panda
I don't really care much about the names. The names are quite lame. :p

Almost finish with the hero. But still need some attention in balancing. And some triggering stuff to do. The hero spells are all at least MPI.

Flare:
The Frozen Wave skill for the hero may seem quite familiar to you :p. That's the custom chain lightning spell which I said was conincidental with yours. Though my triggering technique is very different than yours (yours have nicer effect and the lightning can follow the target :p)

Wow, I realy loved your Hero's Skills. Especially the ultimate.
The Coding is very clean.
Hmmmz... I hope the other Contestants will submit their Works today, too ^^

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Okay, heres my beta entry.

Attachments

• TheHelperHeroContest_Ashcat.w3x
    53.2 KB · Views: 381

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
-Ashcat-
o_O The ultimate targets the hero as well. Is it supposed to do that? You did not set the "Targets allowed' for the dummy Rain of Fire.

-Knight-
My name isn't added yet. :rolleyes:

-Hatebreeder-
Thanx :)

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Ok I updated a few of my spells, changelog added into my map. I uploaded the map into my previous post, so link is to be found in post #1.

My focus was in changing Ghostly Skin, and now it is done.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Ok il enter to, this is just to juicy for me to resist :D

-------- IM IN ---------

the basics:
Hero: Sorceress of Cold
Name: Reena Frostwhisper
Model: Jaina

i wont reveal more than that at the moment :>

EDIT: Oh my god, of cold! of cold! not frost T_T

M

Mr.terror

Im in

Im in using Explorer hero, well kinda new so, how to make my map downloadable tp u,

and also i want comments on my respawn trigger since it buggs my pants of.:eek:

kk thxthx<3

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
and also i want comments on my respawn trigger since it buggs the of my pants.
That means spam; and spam is not allowed. Please, if you want to comment on his respawn trigger, send him a PM.
I believe Knight insists(?) on a proper name and class name (name displayed in EXP bar, e.g. Paladin) before he will add you to the list.
I add you to the list, but I'm not happy about it :p

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
•Off-site links are okay.

When I submit my hero, can I not attach it to teh post and instead upload it to a diff. site like epicwar? It's going to take up space in my attachment filesize limit...

Or when the contest is officialy finished and theres a winner, can I make an offsite link?

I'm currently rigging up my hero and 2 skills are currently being worked up by me. I've changed the hero class once again..

D

D_Rat

hey i want in

i wil make a hero called the Cold hearted princess an good luck to the rest!

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
1) Your "Slide" hotkey doesn't work.
2) Your Frozen Impact effect dummy hasn't got locust, so it's health bar is showing.
3) Your descriptions doesn't tell anything about the damage the spells do or anything.
4) Slide is highly overpowered and the ultimate deals crappy damage compared to Slide.
5) what's the deal with Frozen Impact? All it does is some damage every second? When reading the tooltip you expect to gain some of the health drained as a heal or something.

> 2. You are supposed to be able to kill it...

I didn't mean the totem, I meant the dummy that creates the effect on top of it.

> 4. Why is it overpowered? It doesn't damage that much and it is neccesary for him to have the ability since he's ultimate and dragons breath are more "mellee" like. You must stand real close to really do some damage and then you need a way to get out of there fast in order to survive (like blink for warden).

If any unit would move in the same direction as the caster, they would be damaged for quite a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.