How do I create walls?

CrazyCon

Reaction score
I want to make some walls like you could in WarCraft II. How can I do this? I can't seem to find any wall ability, and in the doodads the walls and stone fences and what not don't connect so its pretty lame.
Help? Thanks. :)

Edward

Reaction score
There are two easy ways (there are others as well).

You can create connected walls by going to:
Doodad --> Dalaran --> Structures

The second if is you want to be able to have a unit (unit A) build walls while the game is in action.

Simply go to Unit Editor, find a building that won't be used in the game and change its appearance in the Unit Editor to one of the wall doodads in Dalaran --> Structures.

Then edit Unit A to be allowed to build that structure.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
hehe, i remember those days when i was "WOAHHH, I CAN MAKE TREES...AND WATER.... AND MOUNTAINS!!! ;D" but then it was nap time D:

and there is no default "doodad" of walls like there were in the terrain of wc2 :/

instead, you have a few options of doing it. but all require some work :thdown:

1| you make a custom unit. This enables you to control the wall as if it were a building ^^ do this in the object editor, by either right clicking and hitting "create new custom unit" or the button on the toolbar in the top left.

or

2| you could make a doodad. pretty much the same concept, but it doesnt belong to any player, and doesnt have armor. just hp. much like the wc2 walls did

if you dont know how to accomplish these i can try to help first hand by makeing and example and sending it to you ^^

edit: hehe, he beat me :p

CrazyCon

Reaction score
Thanks Edward, that helps. Still, I recall seeing curved walls in a Helms Deep game. Maybe it's something different, idk. But if you know about how to make those, I'm all ears. :)

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
ive never played that
but its probably a unit ^^ they just used a custom model.

Edward

Reaction score
Curved Walls! Now that does sound challenging!

The first thing I would do is go here.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php

You'll have to import these models/skins into the editor.

The only other way is to learn how to make warcraft III models (which I have never done) and make it yourself! AH!

A third option is to download Helm's Deep and find a way of extracting the wall models.

I can't really help beyond this.

Edward

Reaction score
I'm actually interested in making some curved walls and castles like structures myself soon. I'll hit this post up if I get something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.