How do i make regular units to be purchased like mercenaries.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
By the way, you should try to make your code table driven.

sunshinex3

Reaction score
this is the condition that is wrong any one know whats wrong?
Trigger:
  • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Spawning Pool (zerg))) Equal to 0

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It is wrong in which way? (I also recommended not using Dying unit and switching to Triggering unit instead)

sunshinex3

Reaction score
( I tried changing it to owner of triggering unit, it had no effect)
sry the condition is the only thing preventing the trigger from working.

Trigger:
  • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Spawning Pool (zerg))) Equal to 0

i know their are leaks and i will get to those but first i need this to work.(and i feel as if i were really close)

the event of the trigger is a unit dies
and essentially it is supposed to remove the units sold(units sold are placed in buildings by add triggers, which works good)

the two conditions say:
Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Spawning Pool (zerg)

can't imagine why the second condition is preventing the actions

actions:
Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Dying unit))
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling colony) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Dying unit))
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling Hive) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Dying unit))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Hatchery (zerg)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Neutral Building - Remove Zerg Egg (zergling) from (Picked unit)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Colony (zerg)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Hive (zerg)) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Because a dead unit still exists. Its still on the field. If you count all units of type then the dying unit is counted too because it still exists. If it didnt exist you wouldnt be able to get its type and whatnot.
What you really want to do is count the living units of that type.

sunshinex3

Reaction score
awsome, yep works as intended, now i need to look into these memory leaks caused by unit groups...

accname ty so much for you help in this on going endeavor

sunshinex3

Reaction score
okie dokie i followed instruction on:
Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts
Tutorial By emjlr3

came up with this for both the add trigger and then the sold trigger to get rid of the leaks

Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Constructed structure))
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling colony) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Constructed structure))
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling Hive) Unavailable for training/construction by (Owner of (Constructed structure))
    • Set temphatcherygroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Constructed structure)) of type Hatchery (zerg))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temphatcherygroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Neutral Building - Add Zerg Egg (zergling) to (Picked unit) with 4 in stock and a max stock of 4
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temphatcherygroup)
    • Set tempcolonygroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Constructed structure)) of type Colony (zerg))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempcolonygroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Neutral Building - Add Zerg Egg (zergling) to (Picked unit) with 5 in stock and a max stock of 5
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempcolonygroup)
    • Set temphivegroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Constructed structure)) of type Hive (zerg))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temphivegroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Neutral Building - Add Zerg Egg (zergling) to (Picked unit) with 6 in stock and a max stock of 6
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temphivegroup)

and for sold

Trigger:
  • Then - Actions
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Dying unit))
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling colony) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Dying unit))
    • Player - Make Zerg Egg (zergling Hive) Available for training/construction by (Owner of (Dying unit))
    • Set temphatcherygroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Hatchery (zerg))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temphatcherygroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temphatcherygroup)
    • Set tempcolonygroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Colony (zerg))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempcolonygroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_tempcolonygroup)
    • Set temphivegroup = (Units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit)) of type Hive (zerg))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temphivegroup and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temphivegroup)

every thing seems to be working perfectly i just wanted to make sure i have gotten rid of all the leaks.
btw
the two triggers above are repeated 3 more times (each) to make 8 triggers in all 2 for adding and removing zergling egges, hydrolisk eggs, scanthid, and ultralisk eggs.

if you think this may cause a problem plz let me know.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Your conditions can leak too. You have only shown us the actions. In your previous trigger you also had leaks in your conditions.
By the way: you can use the same variable for each of the groups, you dont need to have 3 different temporary group variables for cleaning up leaks unless you are actually going to use all 3 of them simultaneously as in 3 nested loops.

sunshinex3

Reaction score
oh... Jeeez, i didn't even know conditions could leak how am i even supposed to fix those? with variables as well?

Trigger:
  • Conditions
    • And - All (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions
    • ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Spawning Pool (zerg)) or (((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Den (Zerg)) or (((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Nest (Zerg)) or ((Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Lair (Zerg))))

and one of these for each; if all conditions are true (action).(4 in all)
Trigger:
  • And - All (Conditions) are true
    • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Spawning Pool (zerg)
    • (Number of living Spawning Pool (zerg) units owned by (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to 0

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Your condition will only leak if unit groups or locations are created inside.
If they do you move them inside of your trigger actions and leave the triggers condition block empty.

If you dont use any unit groups or locations inside your condition then you can leave it as it is.
(player groups, special effects, regions and some other data types leak too, but unit groups and locations are the most common)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.