How is Cataclysm?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread just to collaborate people's views on the newest expansion. I haven't got to play mine yet, because I have been out and about, but I am looking forward to it when I get home.

Thoughts?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Thoughts? Final quest of Gilneas (or, I assume it to be the final one) is bugged and can't be completed, so GM's have to flag it for completion on each player... kinda sucks balls since it was looking like a really good quest.

Other than that... lots and lots of spawns in the starting zone - while it's nice that there are enough mobs to cater for players, it's really annoying to be swarmed by 3 mobs that spawn 5sec after you kill one :(

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Okay. Vashi'jr.
BLIZZARD, YOU MADE THIS AWSOMELOOKING ZONE BE FLOODED WITH LOW SPAWNRATE QUESTS!

Anything more? No. Otherwise Awsome.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
One of the few pros of getting the game at Xmas, all the masses will have left the lvl 80-81 zones, well the majority :) plus gives them time to fix the bugs. But good luck to all those, and I hope you have a great time playing it ^^

damn exams...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It looks awesome, but the leveling seems a bit faster than I had expected. I heard that the speed leveling from 80-85 takes anywhere from 5 hours to usually 13 hours of playtime. Although, for more casual players it will probably take as long as they claimed it would.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
It looks awesome, but the leveling seems a bit faster than I had expected. I heard that the speed leveling from 80-85 takes anywhere from 5 hours to usually 13 hours of playtime. Although, for more casual players it will probably take as long as they claimed it would.

Ding, 83. 5 Hours "played time".

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
hmmmm..

Long time player since the closed beta when the level cap was level 29 ...

i planned my vacation for catalysm (yes i like wow).

i am going back to work this monday.

played it since tuesday it is boring as hell.

If you are into questing this willbe just fine for you.

I don't like questing .. i like to explore and have fun doing that ..
current instances are semi fun .. but rinse and repeat.

This expansion is target for new players. That is why they redone the entire old world..

They saw that all new players quit at level 10 ..So that is their new target.
I will stick around but tomorrow i work on my tax papers. Not a favorite hobby of mine ...but it needs tobe done and this expansion meh....lesser of two evils.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm enjoying raiding, gearing, and the funzies that the new expansion has brought.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Uldum is an awesome zone :D IMO, it has one of the best quests ever (although, I shant spoil :3). Vashj'ir was really good in parts, and reasonably good elsewhere - Hyjal was kind of meh until the end, haven't finished questing in Deepholm and Twilight Highlands yet.

New instances are really nice - I've only done them on normal so far, but they seemed absurdly easy. Having said that, it's nice that Blizzard has included boss mechanics that need to be considered, rather than simply "LOLOLOLDPS" - I expect said mechanics to be much more lethal come Heroic difficulty :D

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
New instances are really nice - I've only done them on normal so far, but they seemed absurdly easy. Having said that, it's nice that Blizzard has included boss mechanics that need to be considered, rather than simply "LOLOLOLDPS" - I expect said mechanics to be much more lethal come Heroic difficulty :D

Heroics are pretty difficult. Might as well forget running one in a pug at this point. It's nice to actually need to CC again just to avoid wiping. :p

In general, I like what they've done with Cataclysm in changing all the areas (Hillsbrad was a blast! XD). Uldum is the new coolest area, hands down. Twilight Highlands was fun too. But I don't think there is nearly enough new end-game stuff, example: there are only 2-3 85 dungeons, and 6-8 heroics. Maybe I'm just ADD, but I got bored after only a week or two after getting two of my toons to 85, and I'm no longer playing. I might come back for the next patch, we'll see.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I stick to my guns.. the expansion a dollar to short and day to late imo.

To me it sounds like the activision marketing drones went bezerk when they discovered that 80-90% of the free trial players quit after level 10.

So your prospect conversion in marketing terms is a complete disaster.

Instead of looking at the real issues they prolly looked at other MMO's ... AOC springs to mind who had a perfect level 1-20 expierence during launch..

So yeah they looked at the competition and saw they done better ..cept for the end game stuff they still fail at that..

Solution put a shitload of effort into revamping vanilla WoW so you get a better prospect conversion.

Sounds like an activision solution. Draw backs for the longtime player . pugs useless. might aswell kick it out. Back in the old days you got a group real fast in chat...

Conclusion ... blizzard will sell more... old players will look for other mmo's. tommerbob and myself included ...

peace !

Wargy
http://hardrock.me <--- yes moderators this is a blanted plug (thehelper approved)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.