How to check if attack is landed successfully?how to heal a unit?

Yamuraiha

Reaction score
1/ I have 2 units, A and B, If A lose life points as a result of B's action(skills or attacks), heal unit A. I made 2 separate triggers to heal A,when B casts a spell on A, and B attacks A. My problem for the 2nd one is that A was healed even when B had missed the attacked :(, I want the trigger to run only when A loses life points.
2/ How to take out the amount of A's lost life points, and use it as an integer?
3/ Is there another way to heal a unit (in the above situation)? Or creating a dumming unit with a healing skill is the only way?
:( and finally, It has been 4 days since I first started to use the WE :(. so if it is possible, I'd appreciate if you guys could show me the GUI ways. I intend to interract with JAZZ after having known a bit about gui :).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Healing a unit with triggers is very simple, you use the "Damage Unit" action but instead of using positive damage you use negative damage. However, this only works for one specific attack type (I think it was "spell").

Detecting when a unit takes damage needs a DamageDetectionSystem. There were a few of these released when wc3 was still popular, I dont know if you can still find them. If I remember correctly a DDS that was useable with GUI triggers was made by a user named Weep (or so I think). I think it was named "Weeps GDDS".

Edit: Just did a quick search for it, it was called GDD:
http://www.thehelper.net/threads/gui-friendly-damage-detection.123417/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.