How to set the attack animation and sound for Dwarf Car?

Insanewarlock

Reaction score
13ym6a8.jpg

Dwarf Car/Cart is used in GrandPrix map (included in Frozen Throne).
Units\Other\DwarfCar\DwarfCar.mdl
I used its model on my map but it had no attack animation, I checked its animations using custom script
Trigger:
  • call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit, udg_n)

Where Unit is a variable which is set to Dwarf Car and n is a number of animation which is being played when the action is triggered. I found out that n=3 animation is the one I need to be played when it's attacking. It also contains no sound so that's the second problem. What ways are there to do this? My thoughts:

• Changing the model in War3ModelEditor?
    Is it possible to move animation 3 to say animation 12? And which animation should I move it to to make it play when attacking? And can I add a sound or reference to sound there?

• From object editor?
    I've found a tutorial that claims to demonstrate something like this but actually I can't follow it on step three: http://www.ehow.com/how_8719942_change-attack-animation-wc3-editor.html what am I missing?
    1. Open the WC3 Map Editor and load a map, either your own or a default "Warcraft III" map.
    2. Click on the "Object Editor" and select the "Abilities" tab. Create a new ability and name it "Attack1" and click "OK."
    3. Open the tab named "Art-Animation Names" and select the new ability's animation. Click the arrow key to scroll through different animations for that unit.
    4. Type in the animation title in the description box and click "OK" to save it.
    5. Give that new skill to a unit to give it the attack animation.
  • Doing it with triggers/Jass?
    I have no idea how to use the custom script I wrote above. Is there a way to run the trigger when unit is attacking something? But I think it will mess with attack cooldown time or I should include something like "get cooldown time". Doesn't seem like a good way of doing this to me but if there are no other options....
  • Any other ways?

Insanewarlock

Reaction score
I've figured it out, it's very easy actually, you export the model using MPQ master, the model is in war3patch.mpq as I remember units > other > grandprix > dwarfcar, it's easy to find the path if I'm messing it up a bit. Then you convert it to mdl with converter, then you open it as txt and change animation names to whatever you want and convert it back :D Easy isn't it? One more thing to do is to change sound of animation if you need to. This car definitely needs it so you do it using Model Editor. I won't bother writing how to do it, I'll link a tutorial:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/3d-modeling-tutorials-282/adding-sounds-attachments-30738/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.