i think ive got virus

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
i was googling on the new linkin park CD and why some songs like "one perfect something" wasnt on it. so i clicked one of the links and it showed the list of songs from the advance CD. so i was reading it and was lie "oooo" but in seconds leter, my googled toolbar repedily said "pop up blocked" more than 10-20 times in 5 sec. it seemed the URL said adultworld.com or something so i immediatley cliicked out. jus to find the retarded "diskcleaner" or w/e its called that says

"ur comp keeps track of all adult sites u visited,which can contain viruses, clean these out with diskcleaner"

i knew it was a fake so i x'ed out, but it brough up internet explorer and to the diskcleaner site, which i x'ed out but comp froze. so i manullay turned off

now when i go on, i get thousands of pop-ups, and things run a bit slower. ive run Ccleaner, spy bot search and destroy, and superantispyware( which works really good for me) which did do a bit, but i still get tons of pop ups. so some1 on yahoo, and many aggreed to get NoAds, which blocks any pop up not wanted the first time u see. but i STILL get pop ups and sometimes i try to go on IE and screen doesnt come up, but the thing at bottom screen at toolbar does, then disappers. same happens with bottom right of screen icons on toolbar.

plz idk what to do, i have so much data on this computer some1 help :(

one more thing, after this happened, there was this thing, webbuying, that wont go away, all the things above (ccleaner, spybot search and destryo etc) said it deleted from system but it isnt and it makes alot of the pop ups.

T

thedude

I can think of a couple things, don't know how well it will work though. Clear your cache and history in all of your browsers. Look in add and remove programs and see if you have any spyware and try to delete them. Go to your hdd and see if theres any new folders in that directory, and try program files too. Also, have you tried AdAware?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
nothing found in add/remove, dling adaware and where do i find hdd(harddrive right?) again?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
in C drive found folder titled 44644b750dfff2cc0386ea3316c296

with text doc titled msxml4-KB927978-enu

thats says over 5000 lines of ...stuff.....cant say "that word" and some stuff like "add manifest" and add"payllot" i htink this is a cause f problem

also foud text docs like hpfr3840 and rapport, hpbi and caisslog

in the rapport says

SmitFraudFix v2.166

Scan done at 20:02:04.96, Wed 04/11/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\Joey\Desktop\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS Before Fix

Description: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.2.1

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E298356D-A187-4065-875D-3EF01E7697F1}: NameServer=192.168.2.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{E298356D-A187-4065-875D-3EF01E7697F1}: NameServer=192.168.2.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{E298356D-A187-4065-875D-3EF01E7697F1}: NameServer=192.168.2.1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS After Fix

Description: SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.2.1

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E298356D-A187-4065-875D-3EF01E7697F1}: NameServer=192.168.2.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{E298356D-A187-4065-875D-3EF01E7697F1}: NameServer=192.168.2.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS3\Services\Tcpip\..\{E298356D-A187-4065-875D-3EF01E7697F1}: NameServer=192.168.2.1

T

thedude

Well, those could be anything. Try running adaware and see what it finds.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Are you using IE as your browser?
That's a bad idea...I suggest switching to either Firefox or Opera.

And do you have an antivirus installed? If not then you better get one, google for AVG, it's completely free of charge.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
ive always been using IE, and all my friends, nothing bad has ever come up, and im getting AVG now

i g2g to shcool tho ima be back around 4

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> nothing bad has ever come up
You sure?
Read the post #1 you made.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
well thats the first, i meant before this, and when i ran AdAware, i got 26 things o_O didnt get with my other things...some were jus cookies but 9 were from that webbuying, which i found boots up in start(run-mscomfig-startup) but i turned it off

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Get FireFox it is so much better and you can Download Approved Plug In's like Ad Block Plus and install them into fire fox so that they may keep you safer...along with it's pop up blocker plug in...and some other stuff like harmful script remover

Demi666

Reaction score
well, trackingcookies can be used for companies to advertise,

i have AVG to, i run it 5-6 times a day actully , since its free verison it doesent stay on all the time:)

suggest you run it until the cookies are gone:) only advice i can give:)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
ahh im trying to dl AVG but when the lil box at bottom appears, it disappers and i cant dl it. same happens with IE alot

and for the firefox, i have RoadRunner from timewarner, so can i get the same speed with firefox?

EDIT: it seemed in NoAds it blocked Microsoft Internet Explorer, so im dling AVG

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
ahh im trying to dl AVG but when the lil box at bottom appears, it disappers and i cant dl it. same happens with IE alot

and for the firefox, i have RoadRunner from timewarner, so can i get the same speed with firefox?

Actually Fire Fox has a plug in called Faster Fox...it actually decreases page load time...although for me my internet is already really fast..I can load a TH page in about .67 seconds :D

Demi666

Reaction score
OFFTOPIC

well,

sometimes my th wont load so i have to restart computer:p, but its only th:S

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Actually Fire Fox has a plug in called Faster Fox...it actually decreases page load time...although for me my internet is already really fast..I can load a TH page in about .67 seconds :D

but if i get fasterfox will i still need my RoadRunner?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
im asking thoguh if i still gotta pay monthly for RR and will FF be faster and better, more reliable, etc.

and yes RR is my ISP

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
im asking thoguh if i still gotta pay monthly for RR and will FF be faster and better, more reliable, etc.

and yes RR is my ISP

Well Fire Fox is a browser...and use it is pretty reliable...hasn't done anything wrong to me yet and you still have to pay Road Runner for the Internet Access...you will most likely get the same speed...or it will be faster...you still need RR for the internet access though....

The browser doesn't change your ISP nor does it affect them in this case

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.