I will PAY you to trigger my map! Literally!

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Not quite sure where to start. I have been developing my War3 custom game for many years, project stopped as now I run my own, very successful business based in UK. I have had an initial discussion with few big game developers and they like the game idea. Because I am a very serious and respected businessman, well-known in certain areas people take me seriously, but it would help to have a proper Proof of Project.

My triggering is bad, my map is corrupted due to same bad triggering. I already employed a very good mapper, and I really mean very good. He will completely re-do my terrain following my instructions. And yes, he is getting paid for it. I need someone to completely start my map over, rewrite everything, whatever can be salvaged, let it be. In the end terrain and your scripts will be put together.

You will be working on a new map, completely new, however, any questions regarding map? Ask. You will, of course, be given an old map as a starting point for all the statistics, spells, tooltips etc. Your job is to recreate everything, every script, every spell, every bit in object editor. This is a proof of concept, I don't care about it's size so you can freely add as much effects as you want, I want this to be a beauty.

This is not, by all means, a time crucial project. I want it done by the end of this year. It will take a while, you can give this as much time as you want, it might also take a while.

Who I am looking for? One really, really good scripter with good imagination.

Map itself is a very advanced Vampirism game, this is an arena fight between Ancient Evils and Living Beings. Ancient Evils gain Blood as their primary resource and Souls as a rare secondary. Humans gather Wood as a primary resource and Souls as a rare secondary. Both teams have third, team resource, God's Favor which can be used to affect game globally with researches and upgrades available. This resource is also a game ending factor should that be saved for long enough. This is gained in various ways, starting from killing enemies and controlling Obelisks which are key to the game. There will be a few neutral units camps around the map for farming, for both Evils and Humans to gain early resources. Humans gather wood from lumber bases and Souls by destroying Soul Prison either on a Graveyard or Wealthy Tomb. Evils gather souls by killing Human heroes or certain human structures and blood periodically and by killing anything that's classed as enemy. Wealthy Tomb, Graveyard and a Cathedral are classed as holy places and deal damage to Evils the closer they are to either Soul Prison or Statue in Cathedral. Unlike in other similar games to this project, no death is permanent and game itself is based on God's Favor. Game ends when either side summons game ender, either Prime Evil or Divine Being.

Interested? Email my personal assistant: [email protected]
I will try to login here again and answer some questions, but I cannot guarantee that, hence the reason for leaving contact details. Want to earn some decent money? Don't waste your time. Only one vacancy. Salary negotiable just as it was with the mapper.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you be a little bit more precise on this? Do you have, for example, a concept paper or anything like that?
Because from your description its very hard to know exactly how much "work" this would be. Especially since you are saying you dont really need the wc3 map for anything but as a proof of concept. In this case the visual aspects of the map should be secondary, correct?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I have got a map that will be provided to you as a base, but all triggers need to be started over because current map is corrupted.

8 ancient evils (15 unique spells each)
24 heroes (4 spells each)

Quite a few items for both sides, but nothing very complex.
Loads of structures and other related triggers, like multiboard, resources, global favor usage, texts and time events, hero and builder selection process, obelisk controlling, mini quests on the map.

Proof of concept is imprtant for me as I will present it to the possible game developers and they will have a good idea, also visually that the product is a good product.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
How high do you estimate the complexity of the triggers? What "kind" of custom spells do you have in mind?
There is a huge difference when trying to create rather "simple" spells or very complicated skills within only 6 months. Especially things like custom damage types, custom evasion or spell resistence and the likes it can quickly become a huge amount of work.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
See for yourself. I wouldn't think they are super complex, definitely not. There will be some more things added apart from what's there. You will need Jass Newgen to open the map. I have quite a few tweaks in mind, some of which will probably be quite complex that are not in that map at all.

Attachments

• BotD v1.9.w3x
    4.3 MB · Views: 379

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
to my understanding you are making basically a concept alpha prior to actual development of what I assume would be a standalone project to garner interest from developers? Would it not be easier to use an actual game engine rather than mod a fourteen year old game with pretty extreme limitations? You would probably have an easier time finding an initial development team.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
to my understanding you are making basically a concept alpha prior to actual development of what I assume would be a standalone project to garner interest from developers? Would it not be easier to use an actual game engine rather than mod a fourteen year old game with pretty extreme limitations? You would probably have an easier time finding an initial development team.
That would be more work than using the WC3 editor.
WC3 already comes with tons of assets, multiplayer functionality without having to do any custom coding, lobbies, minimap, abilities, items, etc.
If the game he tries to build is already very similar to WC3 then he is going to gain a lot by using WC3 over some other engine.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
@up

This is exactly why I am using wc3 just for proof of concept. Moving away from Wc3 will be way more costly. Accname, you're not interested after looking at workload?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Not much. I ve got 2 jobs and I am working on my masters right now. I really dont want to add yet another responsibility to my list. I am already endangering my laziness.

Varine

Reaction score
those are all systems easily put into Unity, a lot of that is in the asset store and can be integrated in a day. It might be slightly more work, but it will be cleaner, standalone, and significantly easier to find an initial developer. There are only so many people with Warcraft installed, and, in general, people aren't likely to trust you to actually pay. It doesn't look very serious or professional.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I don't think you understand what I am doing here. I am only doing a proof of concept. I don't need anyone to play it. I also don't want anyone to pay me. All I need is fully functional proof of concept to present further, and being treated serious is nothing you need to be concerned about.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though it is true that it would probably be easier to find somebody who can work with unity, you have to keep in mind that the OP already has something done with WC3. And he already has somebody else employed to create the terrain (as far as I understood). Switching now would be added risk (and possibly cost) for no apparent reward.

Varine

Reaction score
Even though it is true that it would probably be easier to find somebody who can work with unity, you have to keep in mind that the OP already has something done with WC3. And he already has somebody else employed to create the terrain (as far as I understood). Switching now would be added risk (and possibly cost) for no apparent reward.

and what work he has done he already stated has to be completely done over. I understand that he is doing a concept alpha, but again, its only slightly more work altogether for a cleaner end product that actually would look like a professional development pitch. Not a fourteen year olds Reddit plea to "make dis plz".

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
So what you are trying to say is that his concept is less credible just because it is made with WC3? That somehow a product is less valuable based on what tools you used to create it and not based on its own quality?
I judge a product on its own merit. Whether you build it with WC3, C# or with assembly; whether it runs on a PC, Gameboy, Dishwasher; I will still judge it by its quality.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
You can make a really serious and quality maps on Wc3. I recruited mapper who kicks ass and in looks nothing like Wc3.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.