News India to launch cow urine as soft drink

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

Last edited:

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
I think I can sum up my opinion of this by doing this: :eek: :nuts: :confused: :banghead:

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Ooh, yummy. What next, chicken poop chips?

And BTW, aren't cows sacred in India? Why would they want to drink the piss of a sacred... oh right. Never mind

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
what?! But really that goes too far and will be "tasty" Oh my that is :nuts:

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Human urine is 92% water (if I recall correctly), and the other 8% is waste product, and given we eat a ton of harmful foods, and cows eat grass, their urine probably isn't too harmful.

Still rather gross though.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
I've eatin at the flight kitchen... i think i can stomach it...

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Well, I know enough to not ask whats in the food i eat. But man that scares me a bit. if it becomes my soda drink latter in life, please don't tell me what i am drinking.. i most likely wont stop and it will just creep me out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.